Team Green turned Blue! Calvin's birth story!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
I started having contractions late Tuesday through the night, but they weren't bad enough for me to cry out or even mention them to Kevin. Then Wednesday they picked up in intensity and frequency until about 5:00pm when I decided to call my OB's office. They were about 3-7min apart. The nurse first told me to wait until they were CONSISTENTLY 5 or less. But when I told her we were 30 min from the hospital and would be fighting Columbus rush hour traffic, she agreed and said "just go and get checked since you ARE having some that are 3min apart". I had just had an appt the day before and was only 2cm and 70% effaced, so Kevin and I were SURE we'd be sent home from the hospital. Especially since this is my first baby and labor is usually long for first timers.

We got to the hospital at 5:45pm in the triage area and by that time the contractions were crazy painful. But I still figured I'd MAYBE be 3cm. She checked me and said "girlfriend, you are 5!" I literally said "Shut UP!" Kevin and I were dumbfounded, and I said "so you're gonna keep me??" From there it was super fast. I got a labor room (where they first just monitored my contractions and baby's heartrate), and they said I could have an epidural if I wanted and THEN they'd break my water. Wasn't that nice? I thought so! The epidural was pretty painless, but it only took on one side of my body. Blah. Then they sent in a resident to break my water (this was about an hour after my epidural) and he checked me and said "uh...you're 9cm". I was like "what the heck?! I just got here!" I totally thought I'd be laboring for hours and be delivering at 4am or someting. I said "I may have a baby before it gets dark out?!" So he broke my water and I went right to 10cm and was feeling lots of pain. Not pressure, but total throbbing vagina pain. They were like "well that's because the baby's head is so low". While I was pushing, you could see all of the baby's hair and the doc said "if this is a boy, he's gonna need a haircut soon, and if it's a girl you're gonna have to buy a lot of bows!" I pushed for 15 minutes and out he came at 8:56pm! Kevin was the one to look and tell me "It's a boy!" I was really thinking girl at the end there, so I was surprised! Yay! I did have to have an episiotomy because the doc said I was starting to tear. She tried to to the massage to keep stretching me, but ended up having to cut. Oh well.

So now my butt hurts, my hooha hurts, my back hurts, and my boobs are like bricks, my nips are sore, and I am in total sleep deprivation.....but it is all worth it for my little peanut that I get to keep! Hooray! I will add a few pictures once I steal them off of Kevin's camera.

July 10th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Jade27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a great story, I'm glad it all went so quickly!
July 10th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Veteran
wow... how cool! Congrats!

July 10th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Super Mommy
Awesome story!!! That is so great that it was so quick for you. I was on team green too and had a boy. Hubby was the one to tell me also. It was an amazing moment. Congratulations!
July 10th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Veteran
Sounds like a perfect birth. Congrats Mama!
July 10th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
Congratulations! I really enjoyed reading your story. It looks like almost all of the Team Greens are turning blue.

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
July 10th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Jasmine.'s Avatar Mommy to Kay & Kennedy!
Such a quick labor! Congrats again!

July 10th, 2011, 08:42 PM
mommy2tns's Avatar real & spectacular.
Send a message via MSN to mommy2tns
lmao you kill me - i can seriously envision the whole scenario including the "shut up!" part congrats again buddy!!!

Thank you so much *Kiliki* for another amazing siggy!
July 10th, 2011, 10:21 PM
jbrezy's Avatar Jessi
wow very cool story! cant believe how fast that was!!! congatulations!

Thank you Tasha_mae for my amazing siggy!

July 11th, 2011, 05:07 AM
Super Mommy
Wow! I can't believe how fast it all went! Congratulations!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search