The birth of Gavin

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Super Mommy
We were on team green and were blessed with another little boy. My due date was July 5 and it came and went. On July 7 I had a scheduled non stress test at the hospital. My doctor does them if you go past your due date just to make sure baby is doing okay. I went to the hospital by myself for it because my hubby stayed home to watch our one year old since I thought he would be a terror there. I got hooked up and for 20 minutes I had the test done. The nurse came in and said, "do you feel these contractions you're having?" I said yes but it just feels like constant cramping. She said they were 6 minutes apart and consistant. She called my doctor (my doc's office is right accross the street and she was on call at the hospital that day). My doc was there in about 10 or 20 mins and checked me. She said, "oh wow, you are at 5cm". Then we sort of went over our options. She didn't think I was in active labor yet, that's why we were going over stuff. I was 4cm dilated 2 days before but not having contractions. We could either admit me to the hospital and start some pitocin to pick things up and I was positive for strep b so I needed antibiotics. Or I could wait it out and hopefully go into active labor, but she thought I still may need pitocin because of my previous labors. Or I could be induced Tuesday when I was 41 weeks (she didn't want me to go past 41). If I wanted her to deliver the baby I would need to be induced Thursday (the day I was there for my NST). We decided to go for it because I was already at 5 and in pain and I needed the antibiotics for the group b strep. I went home and got my hubby and my bags and my mom took the kids. I got there, got hooked up to the IV, got the antibiotics going and after an hour they started pitocin. I was only dilating 1 cm every 4 hours. I started the induction at 3PM, so by 11 I was only 7cm. I had my epidural very early on before the contractions were uncomfortable so I didn't feel a thing the whole labor. At 11PM she broke my water. Baby was still high, -2, so she just poked holes in my water to slowly do it until it popped to prevent baby from rushing down quick and risking cord problems. Instantly I felt lots of pressure. With every contraction it just got so intense. At about 1 I was dilated to 9.5 but still had maybe 5-10% thinning out to do. I was in tears the pressure was SO intense. The nurse called the doc and they told me to not push at all so that I can finish thinning out. She said the doc would be in in 15 minutes. By that point I was hysterically crying from the intense pressure. She took one look at how I was dealing with it and ran out of the room to get the doc. The doc ran in and took a look between my legs and quickly started rushing all around saying I was ready. She said all it will probably take is one push and he will be out. It took about 3 pushes within 2 contractions and he was out. I asked my hubby what the baby was and he looked at me and said, "it's a boy". I was just crying and crying, because I was so happy he was here. My doctor looked at my husband and said, "I can't believe she can push like that. Most women can't do that. She has some real power!" Then she just kept saying how she couldn't believe I did that. He had just been so high in me still and I pushed him from a -2. She set him on my tummy and he was there for a while. She then asked me if she could clamp his cord and I said yes. She put all kinds of towels around me and the nurse took the camera and took pictures while hubby cut the cord. They asked if they could take him or if I wanted him on me more and I said they might as well take him and weigh him so I can have him right back. He was 8 lbs 6 oz and 20 1/2 inches long and born at 1:36AM, July 8. He scored a 8, 9 on his APGAR. He is just perfect. He hardly cries and it is such a soft cry when he does. I had no tearing or stitches and I feel great down there! I had the best experience ever and I am just over the moon. He is an amazing nurser too. Thanks for reading all this if you did

me during labor

Last edited by MyThreeStars; July 10th, 2011 at 05:57 PM.
July 10th, 2011, 08:34 PM
mommy2tns's Avatar real & spectacular.
Send a message via MSN to mommy2tns
oh my goodness, he was really ready to come out eh!? lol!! he's precious, congrats!!

Thank you so much *Kiliki* for another amazing siggy!
July 11th, 2011, 05:26 AM
Super Mommy
Awwwww, he's so adorable!!! Congratulations on your marvelous blessing!

July 15th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Sour Amaretto's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Sour Amaretto
Congrats!!! He is such a cutie!! I love your siggie

Wife to: J
Mommy to:
Minion 1 2*3*05
Minion 2 6*3*08
Minion 3 7*22*11
Minion 4 7*30*12
Minion 5 due 9/20/13

Topic Tools Search this Topic