Jackson Chase's Arrival

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2011, 07:25 AM
*~Amanda~*'s Avatar Hostest with the mostest
Send a message via Skype™ to *~Amanda~*
In Jackson's birth story, you will find the secret to my fast labor and deliveries.

On Friday night 7/8, we decided to order a Denos pizza. I thought to myself that I just hoped I wouldn't go into labor before the pizza made it here. So, pizza got here just before 10:30. I sat down and had a piece. Right after that, I had a contraction. Got through it and just went on with my business. About 10 minutes later, I had another one. Yeah, it sucked. So then, I sat around and nothing happened. At 11:00, I had another one that freaked Mike out, so he went and got momma. She timed it and said that we should get Andy up and head to the hospital. I told her I was fine. At 11:30, momma had woke Andy up and told me I needed to get my stuff and get to the hospital. So, instead of arguing, I got my stuff, thinking it was pointless.

Halfway to the hospital and several minutes since the last one, I had another contraction. I was still pretty convinced it was false labor cause there was no consistency in the contractions. Andy dropped me off at the front door and I waited for my troop to fall in behind me. I got up to the desk and told them that I needed to go up to L&D. A nurse came and wheeled me up. I had another contraction on the way. It came and went fast. As soon as I was in front of the L&D desk at midnight was when the fun started.

I started having contraction on top of contraction with less than 30 seconds in between. There was no taking me to the triage room. As soon as I got in my room, they checked me. I was dialated to a 5 with 80% effaced. Within 15 minutes, I was at an 8 and almost 100% effaced. I was about out of my mind at that point. That is when my midwife told me to start bearing down. I remember asking her if I could start pushing and she told me that I needed to get on my back so she could tell. At that point, she told me to start bearing down and pushing.

I was begging them to just get him out. Then I started crying and pleading for them to just help me. They kept getting me to refocus. 6 pushes later at 1:03am Jackson Chase made his way into this world. He weighed 5lbs 12.8 ounces and 19 inches long. Andy cut the umbilical cord and just stared at him in amazement. They had me pull the top of the gown down and put him on my chest. I had skin to skin for an hour with him before they took him over to weigh him. That was such a great feeling.

I did end up having to get 1 stitch, and that hurt like the dickens. They did talk about how short the umbilical cord was. The midwife said that was probably the reason I was having all the pain I was having.

Andy left to take the troops home and returned a short time later with all my stuff so I could get a shower. I felt wonderful after getting cleaned up and just being able to hold him. I was also very thankful that Mike got to see him before he headed back to Ohio for the week.

Jackson has been sleeping very well. He goes to sleep about 10pm and wakes at 3 for a feeding and then goes right back to sleep. He wakes up again around 6 for another feeding, and then is back to sleep for a few more hours. He is such a good baby and is just content as can be.

We came home from the hospital yesterday, and things have been great. I sleep when he does and we are both happy as can be.

So my secrets.....beg, plead, bargain and cry.

July 11th, 2011, 12:42 PM
mommy2tns's Avatar real & spectacular.
Send a message via MSN to mommy2tns
i've got all 4 of those down and i haven't had a baby yet congrats, amanda!!

Thank you so much *Kiliki* for another amazing siggy!
July 13th, 2011, 02:13 PM
mishymama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *~Amanda~* View Post

I was begging them to just get him out. Then I started crying and pleading for them to just help me. They kept getting me to refocus.
Totally what happened to me! It was pretty funny, I guess, but not at the time.

I can't believe how tiny he was! Congratulations!
July 14th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, he came so fast! Congrats again, Amanda!

10 weeks

July 15th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Veteran

July 15th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Sour Amaretto's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Sour Amaretto
Amanda that just sounds fast! WOW!! Lucky you!! Glad it went smoothly for you and Mike was able to meet him Congrats hes soo handsome!

Wife to: J
Mommy to:
Minion 1 2*3*05
Minion 2 6*3*08
Minion 3 7*22*11
Minion 4 7*30*12
Minion 5 due 9/20/13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search