Lucero's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 15th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Labor was pretty amazing, I still can't believe it happened

So we arrived at the hospital around 12pm. I was having contractions but they weren't awful right away but definitely strong. As soon as I arrived my Midwife was there! I was SO happy to see her. It was her day off after a weekend of being on-call and she STILL decided to come in for me to be at my labor. So I was 6cm 90% and our energy was great, we were thinking this would go by fast since I was so dilated already.... WRONG (of course :lol ) My water would not break on it's own, 4pm came around and I was still at 6-7cm and contractions weren't as nice anymore... Midwife told me that breaking my water would speed things up... But I didn't want to give in to intervention just yet... So we deicedd to wait until 6:30pm... I was told to do different squats and what not to try and break it... But no go... 6:30 rolls around and I'm still 6-7cm, in tons of pain, and no water broken. So we went ahead and broke my water (it took 2 tries! That thing was stuborn)... This is where things got ugly... contractions started getting REALLY strong, I started feeling like absolute crap, tired, and in awful pain! But 8:30 rolls around and I'm only at 8cm... I'm feeling weak, I puke, I'm pretty much loosing grip on what's going on because I feel so gawd awful and I crack... I ask for an epidural... Hubby is trying to convince me other wise, but I'm just so tired I knew I needed to rest somehow because things were going slow and there was no way I had the energy for a whole night of this... Well... being the tiny hospital it was, they anesticiologist had to be called in and that would take about 30 minutes. This is where the nurse steps in and tells me they can give me something else to ease the pain... But I was scared some random drug would just make me sick again or make me feel worse, I just wanted to NOT feel anything But as they explained the 30 minute wait and contractions are coming and going and my tolerance is running on empty... I agree to the meds (I forget the name? it was given by IV). And those were my 60ish minutes of bliss! I felt the contractions come and go, but they were so so mild then... I was able to rest and by 9:30 the effect start to wear off and I am feeling the need to push... Happy to be close to the end, but tired and definitely getting nervous about how much more I could take. I kept asking how the baby was doing, and everyone reasured me that she was doing great, so that really gave me hope that things were going well. So I start attempting to push, and it doesnt exactly come naturally for me... I'm having trouble getting things going and I can tell she's just not down there yet... We do every position in the book and 2 hours later, she's just barely come down... I'm just starting to panic, I can tell my Midwife is starting to think this could end in a csection. She doesn't vocalize this at all, but I can feel it... I'm tired, I'm not progressing, things are just not looking in my favor. Beth suggest one last position... sitting on the toilet, to see if gravity would give me a hand... We're pushing but I think my face said it all... I'm just not feeling her coming down... The midwife and the nurse leave the bathroom for a moment (I'm assuming to talk about what might come next) and this really pissed Duvi off, when they come back he just freaks out on them asking them what's going on and why aren't they talking to us... Beth just told him that she doesn't know what's next, she just isn't sure what's going to happen... We decide to move back to the bed and see if any progress was made... I freak out as we walk to the bed, I KNOW she's just not coming down... I'm looking at Duvi like I just want to die because I'm already thinking this will end in a csection for sure...

Well.. as we get back in bed, just as I thought she was still up in there, they can't see the head yet... But the baby is doing great, so really there's no reason to stop trying... So I keep pushing... And within a few minutes it was clear that she was coming down! Midwife later told me that she probably change positions while on the toilet! I was still so pessimistic though, but everyone kept telling me to keep going, and finally they could see the head, eventually the midwife told me to feel her head and that just completely changed my mood. She was SO CLOSE right there!!

At 11:33 I finally pushed her out after almost 3 hours of pushing EEK! It was an amazing feeling... I just couldnt believe I did it!!! Everyone was SHOCKED that she was 8lbs 5oz, 21inches long, a huge baby for someone like me and I was shocked to hear I had no tearing at all?! Apparently going so slowly was good

I am SO THANKFUL my midwfe was there for me. Had she not been there, I don't think another OB, even my own, would have been patient enough to wait for me to push this girl out. I swear I feel like I was at the right place at the right time... The next day the midwife came to see me and she was just SO happy to have been at my birth, and she felt the same way, like she was meant to be there and she was so glad she made the decision to come...

And my husband was just incredible! I don't think I could have made it though without him!!! He has been the perfect daddy and so wonderful and caring with me... Im feeling so so blessed!

Oh... and I pooped the entire time I was pushing... and it was so awesome...

Last edited by little.lili; July 15th, 2011 at 05:43 PM.
July 15th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
Congratulations! What an amazing story. Hooray for you for having the patience to stick it out!

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
July 15th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Sour Amaretto's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Sour Amaretto
You did such an amazing job at hanging in there!!! The hours of pushing are no fun but it surely pays off!!! Congrats mama!!! & yay for no tearing!

Wife to: J
Mommy to:
Minion 1 2*3*05
Minion 2 6*3*08
Minion 3 7*22*11
Minion 4 7*30*12
Minion 5 due 9/20/13
July 15th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Summerthyme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so happy that you were able to have the birth experience that you wanted! I know there were a few unexpected road blocks thrown in there but that is just how L&D goes . Three hours of pushing is rough!!!! I pushed 2 hours with DS#1 and it was soooooo exhausting! I couldn't imagine adding another hour to that! WTG! Congrats on little Lucero!
July 15th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, what a story! Congrats on that little girl!

10 weeks

July 15th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Jasmine.'s Avatar Mommy to Kay & Kennedy!
Congrats! WTG on pushing for 3 hours. Atleast you were persistent and hung in there. Lol at the pooping! I had really bad gas while I was pushing....farting the whole time, Haha!

July 16th, 2011, 08:27 AM
mishymama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How wonderful! (Well, not the 3 hours of pushing, that sounds absolutely exhausting.) I'm so very glad your MW came and you had the birth experience you were hoping for!
July 16th, 2011, 09:47 AM
ppeacocks's Avatar Traci
i am so proud of you!!! great job for knowing your own body and sticking to what you wanted. huge kudos for 3 hours of pushing!!!!
taryn (4)
travis august 4th
http://www.facebook.com/xtmacx

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search