Brian's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 15th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Littlelamb09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Littlelamb09
finally doing it lol

ok so on June 18th I woke up from a nap feeling so sick and kept going to the bathroom to poo and it was so painful to the point I felt like passing out. I had called the doctor on call and she had me go to L&D at like noonish. I thought maybe I was going into labor but I wasn't I was just having a reaction to a UTI medicine. We were ready to get discharged until the nurse found the baby's heart beat shooting way up and way down so she called the doctor and then came in and asked me if would have a problem with being induced that day because they didnt want to take a chance with the baby possibly getting the cord around his neck or something and so I said lets do it because I don't want to take that chance either. So I ended up getting a room and they started me on the little drink to get things going along and then they broke my water. I started having contractions that were bearable at first but got too painful so I asked for the epidural and then they gave me the pitocin. I think this was all late late middle of the night. I tried resting up as much as possible then started feeling the really painful contractions again and next thing I knew the nurse checked me and said the baby's head was all the way down there and asked if I was ready to start pushing. I think it took about 9 or 10 long pushes and he was out at 8:35am or was it 8:15am on june 19th (I get the times mixed up because Jason was born a little after 8 at night). He weighed 9 poundes 2 ounces and measure 20 1/4 inches long. I was also able to catch him myself and put him on my chest and Brian and I bonded from the start. I gotta say it was all of a shocker to me since I wasn't expecting this to be that soon and it was easy but I gotta say dealing with contractions and a bad uti is no fun at all....when i was trying to rest before having baby I couldn't really because of having to pee so often and I just felt I couldn't get relief. It was even very annoying and painful after birth.
Brian did get put in NICU for a little bit because of breathing but not for long. I went and visited him and as soon as I talked to him he started rooting toward me haha it was such a precious moment and he is such a precious baby.

Last edited by Littlelamb09; July 15th, 2011 at 07:50 PM.
July 19th, 2011, 06:47 AM
Julie
Love the pics of your two sons, so adorable!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search