Mr. Landen's Arrival Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 17th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Veteran
On Sunday, June 26th, I began having very strong contractions. I have a high pain tolerance so I was confused if they were real or not, and they weren't getting worse. I finally decided after several hours of contractions to head to L&D. They hooked me up to monitors and checked me and I was still 2-3cm and 60% effaced, just like when I had been checked the previous Wednesday. They said it was prodromal labor and sent me home with hydrocodone so I could sleep.

Hydrocodone did absolutely nothing for the pain but did make me sleepy. On Monday, I began to have bloody show and the contractions never went away. They gradually got worse and after hours and hours of deciding whether or not I wanted to go to the hospital and risk being told it was false again, I decided to do it anyways. I arrived at L&D at 8pm, got checked and I was 4cm and 100% effaced!!! A rush of emotions came over me when they told me I was staying. I was so excited that it was finally real, but my hubby was in Kandahar, Afghanistan and I had no way of contacting him. Tears started flowing and I began to question if I could do a natural birth without him.

I sent him a facebook message and began dealing with the contractions. I had horrible back labor but it was tolerable as long as I didn't lay in the bed. By 3:30am, I was ready to push! As I began pushing, my mom said the most wonderful thing..."Lance is on the phone!" By some miracle he was able to get online, saw my message and called. I was so excited and kept pushing.....and pushing....and pushing....I was so afraid he was going to have to hang up before the baby came. After 2 1/2 hours of pushing and 15 minutes before DH had to board his plane, Landen Kyle made his arrival at 6:31am! He was 6 lbs. 10 oz. and 18 3/8 inches long!

DH got to hear his first cries and the "It's a boy!" from the doctor! God's timing is so awesome! Everything went wonderfully and Landen was perfectly healthy...and I stuck to my natural birth goals! I only had a small tear that was less than a 1st degree. DH made it home in time to take us home from the hospital and got to spend the 1st 2 weeks of Landen's life with him. Now we're just counting down until dad comes home for good!
July 17th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Super Mommy
Aww what an amazing story! Congrats!
July 20th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Sour Amaretto's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Sour Amaretto
awww that is so awesome hubby was at least able to be on the phone with you...God is good Yay for getting the natural birth you wanted!!!

Wife to: J
Mommy to:
Minion 1 2*3*05
Minion 2 6*3*08
Minion 3 7*22*11
Minion 4 7*30*12
Minion 5 due 9/20/13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search