Omaya's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2011, 04:20 AM
sweetdreamer1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
well it all started on 7th july.. when i asked the dr about my chances of having a vbac and the timings.. i was soo worried cos dr was travelling for 2 weeks and i wanted to deliver before he left..! ok..
so he told me to come on 12th july for my weekly appt and that he will check and see if there is any chance for me to try an induction by 14th july.. i went and he checked but i was still closed but was soft..he actually told me to wait and see but i didnt want to take the risk of waiting and not having my dr there for delivery so i asked him for the induction..!!
so the story starts ...!!!

on 14th july i got admitted at 11.30 am and they started the gel passeries at 1.30 pm...the first one really didnt do much i didnt get any thing going..just very infrequent contrax n the monitor started to show around 6pm onwards..then another dr came in and gave the 2nd dose of the gel passery at 8pm...
this really got things started.. by 9.30pm i was getting the frequent contraxs every 5-6mins apart..and were reaching 50-60% on the monitor.. by 10.30pm i was feeling the contrax coming in and i was only 1cm dilated and still high but they sent me to the l&d room since i was trying for a vbac... my contrax were really good and bearable.. but when checked at around 12 mid night i was still a 1cm and high..
so i get some meds to help me sleep..
by 3 am,15th july, another dr comes in and checks me i and i was at a 2cm..around 6am i was still at a 3cm..but with strong contrax coming every 3-4 mins apart..!! but every one was like im a slow progresser.. but some thing told me someting is just not right..!! but i still went on thinking of my vbac success cd things and visualizing it all in a positive way..!! at about 9 am my dr comes in and checks me..i was still a 3cm and he tells me that the baby's head is still high and my cervix is thick and not opening at the normal space... it was very slow...!!!by around 11am he breaks my water.. and that was the most uncomfortable thing ever..i just kept on inhaling the gas mask and everything was happening in slow motion... and i even remebered someone in JM mentioning that it was like that to her.. lolz..what a moment to think ofjm..lol..!!! well after breaking the water the contrax were horrible.. but when checked i was still at a 3cm and baby was still a bit high in the pelvic.. and dr tells me that my pelvice is not opening up as it should be by now..with all the meds and stuff and all these reall good contrax i should be atleast a 7-8cm by now..!! but here i am sitting with a 3cm .. but around 12.30 pm he tell me hewill let me try the cytocin (sp?) to get thing moving more.. and me and dh agree.. so i get that thru IV.. tis really start to gve me very bad contrax that i was unable to talk or breath thru and so i get the epidural at 1.30pm then around 2pm and i was checked at im just at a 4cm..and this lil girl's head is still high..!! so he tells me to wait and see for one more hour and if she is not coming down he cant take the risk anymore..!!
so at 3.30pm he checks me and im still at a 4cm and baby's head is still way too high.. and he tell me the dreaded word i never wanted to hear..!!! the c-sec..!! he really gave me a good chance to try it out for my vbac but he was worried now after 18 hrs of laboring with pretty good and strong contrax this is how little i progressed that there was something not right.. ofcourse i was having that feeling more than 10 hours ago...
well that was the end of my vbac dream...!! i was taken to the OR at about 3.45pm and my lil girl was born at 4.16pm.. she is just soo precious...!!! i fell in love the very first time i saw her... it was surreal ..! and she was just 2.820kg.. just as i thought she would be...!!

we all are soo in love with our newest addition...!!! but the thought of not getting my vbac kills me emotionally every single day.. i guess only time will heal me ..!!!
though im soo happy that i went in for the c-sec with my dr's advice cos i got to know later that her cord was wrapped around her neck 2 times hence the head not coming down despite the strongest of the strongest contrax i was getting..!!so it explains it all..!!
well i thank god for letting me have my child be born to this world safely instead of me having a vbac and something seriously scary happening to her..!!!

thats the end of my birth story..
will update this with a pic soon..!!

My BFP Chart
pregnancy/baby blog pw. 0000

July 24th, 2011, 07:02 AM
*~Amanda~*'s Avatar Hostest with the mostest
Send a message via Skype™ to *~Amanda~*
Thanks so much for sharing. Can't wait to see pics.

January 20th, 2012, 02:27 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations! i'm sorry you didn't get the vbac, but glad she came healthy.
msjaQ- 28, pantheist AP detroit mama to:
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search