Mason's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Veteran
Mason is 8 weeks old today....think it is about time I did this, lol

February 25th I was admitted into the hospital due to preterm labor. After spending the weekend there I was put on strict bed rest. I could only get up to use the rest room and i could take a 5 minute shower once a day. I also have a 2 year daughter so we knew this was going to be difficult. Thankfully, my mother was able to stay with us...I don't know what we would have done without her!

Well, after about 3 months of bed rest, Mason needed some help coming out! I really did not want to have to be induced, but after such a long road I was just ready for him to be here. So my doctor decided that I could be induced on June 1st! I knew that my body was ready and that I needed a jump start.
We were supposed to go into the hospital the evening of May 31st, but the hospital was slammed! We ended up going in at 3 am on June 1st.

My doctor came by at 8 am and broke my water which got things moving quickly. They tried pitocin at 10 am and after 1 minute of it I had a mac daddy contraction that made Mason's heart rate drop. Once that was resolved they took me off the meds and my body just did it's thing! My doctor came in at lunch time to check me and I was at 6cm. I asked the nurse for an epidural b/c the pain was picking up. When I had my daughter my contractions started about this time coming one after another and it was awful!
Well I thought that the nurse left to order the epidural, and sure enough the pain became so bad that I was in tears....my poor hubby and mother, lol

After waiting for 40 mins for that dang epidural I called the nurse. I was surprised to see a different nurse come in. I asked about the epidural and she said that my nurse had gone to lunch....WHAT?!?!
I got really upset and have no idea what I said, but she ordered an epidural stat!
Once I got the epidural I was able to relax some. With my daughter after I had the epidural things sped up rapidly. So I asked my nurse (after she finally reappeared) if she would check me about 3:30. She said that the doctor would do that when she came in around 5.

Well the doctor came in at 4:45 and was about to check me when she said "oh my, do not sneeze, laugh, or cough because he is right there!"
Well my DH had JUST stepped out of the room to get a snack. she said to get dad back quickly. I could not get a hold of him because his cell did not have service in the cafeteria Thankfully, we were finally able to get him and he arrived in time to wash his hands and grab a leg. I pushed once and our sweet little boy was born!

Needless to say I was not happy with our nurse! She should have checked me earlier! But everything worked out great

Mason weighed 8 lbs 7 oz and was 20 inches.

We are so in love with our little boy and are over joyed to now have a girl and a boy!
Below is a picture of us after he was born, one with his big sister and daddy, and then a more recent photo!

July 27th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad that it went so well. He is a cutie pie for sure!

July 27th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Veteran
Thank you
July 27th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Rheya's Avatar sweet baby's mama
Good job, Mama! He's super cute That bed rest sounds so difficult- glad it's over!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search