Baby Bean's Birth Story (kinda lengthy and IMG heavy)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2011, 05:06 AM
hellolea's Avatar Veteran
I'm gonna backtrack this to Wednesday afternoon when I had my last appointment.

On Wednesday, after having my membranes stripped the week before, we went back for our 39 week appointment. There was little to no change, I only dilated to a 3 which was only about a half a cm from the week before, and no more effacement. My doctor gave me two choices: I could either wait until the following week to see if I could go into labor naturally, or I could get an induction date that day. Well I had already started my maternity leave, and I was just flat disappointed my body wasn't doing this on it's own, so I opted for an induction date for 6am Friday morning. I went home and cried and cried and cried. I felt like a complete failure, I had carried this baby around 9 months and now my body wasn't up to the task of finishing it up on it's own. I was especially sad because so far this had been an uncomplicated pregnancy, and it just made no sense to me.

Thursday morning came, and my contractions had started, JUST like the week before, but once again they were not consistent. So I just went about finishing up any kind of errands I had before baby was to arrive. Bought DF's birthday present, finished spot cleaning the carseat, finished cleaning her room, and our room. Well then we decided that although we were anxious for our induction appointment, we needed to get out and do something so we went over to my best friend's house for some poker with her husband, a friend of ours, and my mom. We were over there until about 10. Right before we left the contractions I had been having all day, continued. When we got home, I laid in bed and noticed they were STILL happening, which was unusual. Well they were only coming once every 10 minutes or so, so I spent some time with my mommy, and decided even if my contractions weren't really a sign of anything, I needed my rest for our induction in the morning, so I laid down. I finally got to sleep at about 11:45 or so. At about 12:45-1 I wake up because I think I have to poo. Well I go and sit in the bathroom, and am doing my business and all I can think is "well that kind of hurts... oww... oww... oww" So I went and sat outside for a minute, and then came back in and laid down on the bed. I had been timing them while sitting outside, and it was about every two and a half minutes or so apart. So I woke up DF and he looks at me all groggy confused as to what is going on and asks if we're going to go down or wait for my induction appointment, I told him we're gonna time the next 5 and if they stay how they are, we're going down to the hospital. Well I make it through about 2 before Anthony decides to get up and get dressed and that we're going. So we wake my mom up, and at this point the contractions hurt so bad I'm bent over on my bed just trying to breathe through them. We head off to the hospital.

We get to labor and delivery, and they set me up with a room with a very snotty nurse named Karen. Who proceeds to talk to me as if I am all of 2 years old. Telling me about dialing their version of 911, and that I'm only 4-4 1/2 cm and if I want any kind of pain meds I need to make some kind of advancement, but I was going to be moved to a delivery room, and if I've made no change by 6 am (which she didn't expect me to) then they would start the pitocin as my doctor had put in my orders. Well we walk (very slowly I might add) to my delivery room, and my contractions are getting stronger and stronger and stronger. I want to cry. I get to my room, and first thing I use the bathroom, to which my nurse Karen disappears. Well I'm shaking because my contractions are putting that much adrenaline through my system. My mom goes off to rip someone a new butt, and she brings back my nurse. And I have two contractions just while she's preparing my room and SHE decides despite the fact that Karen didn't think I was advancing, I was in far too much pain and I was ready for my epidural. So she goes to get the doctor, he does my epidural, to which I just about purposed to him right there on the spot. Haha. My mom and best friend come back in my room, and my lovely nurse checks me and tells me I'm 8-9 cm. She apologized profusely for Karen and that she didn't get to me faster, Karen had told her I was basically not in labor and they were just keeping me there because of my induction in a couple hours. At about 4:30am I was fully dilated, and ready to push, but I pleaded for some rest since my doctor wasn't there and I was going on only one hour of sleep. My nurse leaves after telling me I have one hour to rest, before she comes back in and it's time to push. Well when she comes back in I've gotten no sleep, but she's exhausted and I'm not completely dilated yet, so I have a half hour.

I finally get to sleep, and my doctor wakes me up at about 7am. She's finally arrived and is happy to deliver my little bundle of joy! So the nurse starts prepping me for delivery and starts pushing excerises at 7:45 or so, calls the doctor at about 8, she comes in ready we start pushing. After the doctor is in and I've started pushing I only pushed for about 10 minutes or so, and there she was! The most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

I had two stitches, and baby girl has had some problems breathing. She turned purple in our room, and Anthony just about went crazy on the nurse that I called at the nursing station because she basically told me to call my nurse and hung up on me. But she went over to NICU for some testing, and she's done good. We saw her last at about 10 last night or so. She was sleeping good, stretched out and taking over the whole NICU bed haha. But I'm getting sleepy, I've been put back on some pain meds for severe pain in my lower back by my epidural site, and the cramping. So I'm going to go but there you have it. That's how beautiful Alithyia Cleo-Daphne. More pictures once I get my laptop and phone back from my mom.

Love you ladies

(edit: added pictures finally)

Thank you GravesMama for the beautiful siggy

Last edited by hellolea; August 7th, 2011 at 09:18 PM.
August 6th, 2011, 07:16 AM
heatherbelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
awww, she came on her own! Don't you hate people that look down on you? That nurse sounds like a witch!! I had mine telling me it would be 2 hours until I was fully dilated (when i was at a 7), onlly to be shocked 10 mins later when it was time to push!

~*thank you Alex Aiden Mommy for my siggy!*~

August 6th, 2011, 07:37 AM
I now have a daughter!!!
Glad you didn't have to be induced... I would have told you that there was no reason to cry that your body hadn't made much changes in a week though. It still knew exactly what to do, and was (obvioulsy) well on it's way to do so! It wasn't failing you at all. It just takes time!!

Enjoy your new little bundle!!

August 6th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats again on your baby girl!
August 6th, 2011, 09:02 AM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!!!

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

August 7th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your little girl! I'm so sorry to hear that you had to deal with such a witch of a nurse. I hope you reported her.
August 7th, 2011, 02:48 PM
CherZ's Avatar Proud wife and mom....
Send a message via ICQ to CherZ
I'm so glad all worked out in your favor! Congratulations on your new baby girl!!
August 7th, 2011, 04:31 PM
~Angela~'s Avatar Mommy to 3
Some people really should be transferred out of maternity!!
August 7th, 2011, 10:37 PM
I uploaded pictures finally

August 7th, 2011, 10:42 PM
I also forgot to add in my favorite part of the delivery humor wise. When I was pushing her out for the last time, not all my amniotic fluid had come out and baby girl came out just the right way and it sprayed the doctor. She had a hazmat suit on but it was kind of comical.

August 8th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! She's beautiful! LOL @ the spraying!
August 8th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Kim
Congratulations!! She's beautiful!

August 8th, 2011, 06:40 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
Congrats! You look so happy! And your nurse. Yuck! Im glad your mom was there to advocate for you!!

[/url
August 11th, 2011, 09:51 PM
heatherbelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
she's lovely!

~*thank you Alex Aiden Mommy for my siggy!*~

August 15th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Great Story!!! congrats!! She is beautiful!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
August 18th, 2011, 11:39 AM
thank you guys! She's been absolutely amazing.

January 17th, 2012, 10:10 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations! she's beautiful.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search