My 10 day early and quick birth

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2011, 04:01 PM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was due August 9th. On July 28th I went to the OB and had my weekly check. No dialation, not effaced, baby still high up there. On July 29th around 11:00pm I went to the bathroom and noticed I had blood when I wiped....not a lot though. Called and had my OB paged, he called back right away and said not to worry it was probably just me starting to dialate.

A while later I went to bed, but awoke around 4:30am the next morning (Saturday the 30th) to mild contractions. It really felt like period cramps. I layed there for a while trying to sleep but was too uncomfortable. So I got up and did a few things around the house and waited for DH to get home from work at 6:30am. When he arrived I told him I thought today might be the day and said he needed to go get some sleep while he can. He went to bed and a few hours later my contractions were coming around every 10-15 min and a little more intense....but still pretty mild. Called my OB and he said it might be labor, but to wait till the contractions were 5 min apart to head to the hospital because if I got there too early they would send me home. I only live 10 min from the hospital.

So I took a little nap and then did some things around the house and made sure my bag was packed. Then I played games with my kids and tried to keep my mind off the contractions. Around 1:00 I was feeling intense contractions that were about 5 min apart, but I was able to breathe through them. I woke up hubby and told him it was time. He fell back asleep and I had to go wake him up again and remind him I was about to have a baby and would prefer to do it in the hospital! LOL He jumped up.

My sister said that as soon as we got to the hospital and they said they were keeping me she would head over to watch the kids. Until then we were leaving our 14 year old in charge. As we were getting ready to leave my two boys began arguing over something silly and dh told them to stop and then they began arguing again and the younger one was crying. So I sat back down on the couch and told everyone that I was ready to have a baby, but can not leave for the hospital with all this going on! So I sat there for about 15 minutes or so until everything calmed down and my boys were getting along. Then me and dh headed out, stopping at Taco Bell for him to get some lunch. I had only eaten an english muffin all day, but did not want to eat anything else because I did not want to get sick during labor.

When we got to the hospital it was around 2:15. DH dropped me off at the ER entrance as he parked. I felt like my contractions were on top of eachother at that point and had to stop twice before getting to the desk to check in. They had someone come with a wheelchair and I asked them to wait to bring me up to L&D till my dh got back from parking the car. Then we all headed up there and when they got me hooked up to the monitors my contractions were coming every 2-3 min and were pretty rough. I was dialated to 3 1/2 and they asked if I was getting an epidural. I said YES!! They said that they would put my IV in and then I had to wait 20 min before getting the epidural. They offered me IV pain meds to tide me over, but I said no. I didn't want to be too doped up.

When they came in 20 min later to give me the epidural I said I had to go to the bathroom first and they said they needed to check me. I was at a 5 then. Got the epidural and was a little freaked because my right leg started moving on its own which they said was no big deal. It stopped soon after. A few minutes later I barely felt my contractions and was happy! Me and dh started playing cards and I was pretty relaxed. I started feeling more pressure and called the nurse back in. She checked me and I was at 7. They called my OB and I could hear them (I was right across from the nurses station). They told him that he needed to get here ASAP because I was moving quickly!

He got there pretty quick and broke my water. Told me he was not leaving the hospital till he delivered my baby. Next thing you know I was calling the nurse in because of more pressure and I was at 8 or 9. Soon after I was at 10 and they had me start pushing. I barely felt any pain...just tons of pressure. I pushed for about 15 min and my son Caleb Michael was born at 4:59pm. It was funny because my dh said earlier that the way I was progressing we would have a baby before 5pm. Him and my OB got a good chuckle out of that one! I did tear a little and did not feel the OB stitching me up.

Caleb weighed in at 7lbs 3ozs and was 19inches long. He was perfect I was all smiles of course!

We came home 2 days later and I felt great. Caleb lost 4ozs in the hospital and left weighing 6lbs 15ozs. (But at his dr appt the other day he was up to 7lbs 8ozs) This labor/delivery was way easier than my first son. And my stitches hurt way less. I pretty much feel back to my self except my back hurts.....probably from carrying around Caleb!

I still can not believe I was at the hospital a little over 2 1/2 hours only before I had Caleb. It went by so quick! My friends are still teasing me telling me I am a baby machine!

August 7th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! How nice that this labor was quicker and easier than your last.
August 8th, 2011, 07:28 AM
JadaJade's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to JadaJade
stopping in from the nov. ddc. congrats on your easy delivery and baby boy! I hope to see an under three hour delivery, but i think I'd be pushing my luck.

Lil' Mister, Spencer James is due to arrive 11/1/11!
GO TEAM BLUE!!
August 8th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! Sounds like a wonderful labour and delivery!
August 8th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Kim
Congratulations!!!

August 8th, 2011, 07:22 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
Great story!! Sounds like you had a fairly smooth labour!! Congrats!

[/url
January 18th, 2012, 02:37 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations! glad you had a good experience. thanks for sharing!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search