Remi ELizabeth birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 7th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Wish I was Super Woman
Remi was born on Aug. 3 at 7:28 via c-section. We arrived at the hospital at 6am, got prepped and ready and headed into the OR. I really tried to take everything in this time, because I knew it was my last. The spinal guy hooked up my spinal and swung my legs on the table. I tried to relax because I knew it would all go so fast. The doctors arrived and started counting tools and I waited. They let my hubby in the door and the doctors started cutting. My spinal must have not been very strong because I felt most of everything and I never have felt that much in the past. The doctors just kept telling me I would feel pressure, but I felt snips. The doctors talked a lot about stuff I didn't understand, but at one point, they said they were going to just sew me up and try again another day because the baby didn't want to come out. I yelled back, NO YOU ARE NOT! They kept working, but you could feel the tension in the air. The doctor again made a joke about if I was a German and I said no, why? He said he just assumed I was because of my last name, but that this baby had a big ole German head and wouldn't come out. The assiting doctor was literally jumping on my chest trying to force the baby out. I could see his head bobbing across the curtain. I heard a loud pop and they said the vaccuum didn't work, to try again. I heard another loud POP and I heard them say the baby is out. It's a girl. I didn't hear any crying and I was beginning to panic when they showed her to me over the drape. SHE WAS SMURF BLUE. I was scared. She finally let out a little whine and my husband was allowed to go see her. They rubbed on her and got her to pink up, but I was terrified. I finally got my husband to tell me she was going to be ok and tried to relax and again enjoy the first sounds. They brought her over to me after they got her cleaned up. We took a few pics in the OR with the spinal guy and then were rolled to our room to recover. Remi had some lingering blue moments. Her hands and feet would turn blue for two days. It scared me to death, but after several NICU checks, they confirmed she would be fine. We stayed 2 days in the hospital and are at home. She is a great baby and much awaited for addition to our family. I am totally in love with her. Besides being extremely sore, (jumping on my chest) and c-section surgery, I feel great. I have had a few moments of tears.. well a couple of days worth of tears. I'm just so happy!

August 7th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im glad to hear everything went fine Those doctors know how to distract you from things lol

August 7th, 2011, 05:20 PM
~Angela~'s Avatar Mommy to 3
August 7th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Kimber77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kimber77
Sounds like everything went good. Congrats!

Big brother Gage welcomes Karli Elizabeth 7 lbs 14 oz 20 inches on 8/1/11

August 7th, 2011, 08:17 PM
DaniB+4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

August 7th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Congrats! I love the name! My two year old is Remi also.
Make a pregnancy ticker
August 8th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! Sounds like there were a few moments there, but I'm glad it all worked out so well!
Thank you claire1979 for my cute new siggy!
August 8th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Congratulations!! I totally feel you on the soreness from all the pushing; my surgeon was super rough

August 8th, 2011, 07:50 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
I think its just me cause no one else has said anything, but your story scared me! Im glad everything finally turned out, but wow, getting there sounds just frightening!
Mom to Colton,Megan, Caitlyn, Nick, Brandon and 2 angels.
BFP Dec 2010 hcg Dec 18 13dpo 58... Dec 20 15 dpo 190.4 (28 hr doubling)

August 14th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats and I'm glad you're both doing well.
January 18th, 2012, 03:06 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations! i'm glad everything turned out okay!
msjaQ- 28, pantheist AP detroit mama to:
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search