Aubrey's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Amanda_Lynn24's Avatar Super Mommy
So my story started out with me going in for my 37 week appt on Thursday which I was 36 weeks 6 days. I told the dr how I was feeling nautious and having quite a bit of tenderness in my upper right gastric area. I have a history of pre-e and HELLP syndrome so with that being said these are a couple of symptoms of HELLP. The dr wasn't sure if I was developing HELLP or not since my b/p was good but you can have HELLP without the pre-e, it's very rare. Anyways she wanted to check some blood work more so my platelets another indication of HELLP syndrome. So she got the results back that day that my platelets were 106,000. She told me I couldnt work Thursday or Friday and that I had to come back to the office Friday morning to repeat my blood work. Well my platelets had dropped to 100,000 overnight. B/p was still good so she said I was in a "grey" area as far as do we induce me just in case this is the HELLP or do we wait it out and see whats happens. Well she decided to do a cervical check turns outs I was already 4cm dilated and 80% effaced. I had been only a 1 cm the week before and baby was floating so huge change that I didn't even notice over the week. Well given I was 4 cm she sent me over to L&D and said to induce me. I checked into the hospital at 10:30. I called DH was was out of town for work and told him to head to the hospital. They started me on pitocin at 12:10 p.m. They broke my water at 12:40 p.m. Contractions really started to pick up about 1:00 p.m. They got so intense that they turned off the pitocin. They finally were getting me ready for my epidural around 2:00 p.m. This is the same time DH finally showed up so I had did the most intense contractions all on my own!!! I could have killed him by this point! So my epidural was finally taking effect around 2:15 p.m. About 2:45 I was ready to start pushing so the nurse had me do a push. Then with my next contraction I pushed again and all of a sudden baby's head was coming out. She told me to stop so they could get the dr. I was like how do you want me to stop pushing when this head is just "there" well by the time the dr. walked in the head was already out. I gave two more pushes and Aubrey was born at 3:00 p.m. She weighed 6 lbs 14 ounces. She was 20 in long. I only tore in one spot from my previous delivery so I needed one stich. Aubrey did end up in the nicu for about 24 hours for fast respirations (this was most likeley do to 3 things 1: being born at 37 weeks, 2: more common in babies born to gestational diabetes moms, & 3: she came out so quick some fluid probaly wasn't squeezed out) Anyways She did really well in the nicu and by saturday 3:00 p.m. she was back in my room with me. We were both discharged sunday morning at 10:30 a.m. I feel amazing. I couldn't believe how could I felt after deliver I was up and walking around by 4:30 (I had to wait for the epidural to wear off) I have had some slight cramping but other than that I've been great. THis was just such a different experience compared to last time. with Alli I was so sore for weeks I could hardly sit or walk and this time I couldn't even tell that I just had a baby!!! And as far was my HELLP syndrome goes I technically didn't have it this time but the way everything was going my dr is pretty sure I would have developed it so she is glad that we did go ahead with the induction. Now for the best part pictures:

Me and Aubrey:

Our first family photo:

Aubrey:

August 8th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! Sounds like a great birth experience and Aubrey is gorgeous!
August 8th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Kim
congratulations!! Aubrey is a gorgeous little baby!!

August 8th, 2011, 12:11 PM
CherZ's Avatar Proud wife and mom....
Send a message via ICQ to CherZ
Congratulations! TFS your birth story and your pics, beautiful family!
August 8th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Regular
Congrats! You have a beautiful family!
August 8th, 2011, 06:33 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
Congrats, everything sounds like it went great!

[/url
August 11th, 2011, 09:42 PM
heatherbelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aubrey is lovely, thanks for sharing your story!!! And you look so great!!

~*thank you Alex Aiden Mommy for my siggy!*~

August 12th, 2011, 08:11 AM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats - such a beautiful family!

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

August 14th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!!!! You have a beautiful family!!!
August 19th, 2011, 06:19 AM
~Angela~'s Avatar Mommy to 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Darling 3 View Post
Congrats!!!! You have a beautiful family!!!

Sounds like everything went perfect!
January 17th, 2012, 09:40 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations! she's beautiful.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search