Dominic James Allan

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2011, 01:32 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
BIRTH STORY FOR:

Dominic James Allan
Born August 3rd, 2011
8 lbs, 7 oz
20 Inches long

I was scheduled to arrive at the hospital for my planned c-section at 8:15 am. We arrived, got to settle in to our room. I changed into my gown and DH got into his scrubs for the OR room. Next they put the IV in and filled out some final paperwork. I was told I wouldn't be heading to the OR until 10:20 or so, so DH went down to grab something to drink/breakfast etc. Then they showed up saying they were ahead of schedule and ready to take me now. We had to wait for DH to get back and then he didn't even end up getting to enjoy his starbucks drink .

I was wheeled down to the OR where my surgeon was waiting. I talked to him and the OR nurses for a couple minutes. The DR was there and asked if I was excited! Then was taken into the OR for my spinal and catheter. The first spinal needle apparently bent which sounded concerning to me, but they said they would change the gage of needle and re-insert it. Felt like a little poke with some stinging. After that I started to go numb, the catheter was inserted although I could no longer feel anything. DH was brought in.

They got started pretty quick. I think I made a lot of weird faces because I could feel so much tugging and such down there. Then they said that I would feel pushing down on my stomach and a couple seconds later I felt a huge weight lifted off. Out came my baby boy!! He apparently peed and pooped immediately. They took him over to the table to dry him off, said that he's definitely a boy. After a couple minutes they brought him over for me to hold. I was totally shocked with how light his hair was and how different he looked compared to my daughter when I first seen her.

DH and Dominic left for our room and I was wheeled off to recovery for just over two hours. That was pretty annoying! I just wanted to be able to be with them and see him again. But because of my temperature drop I had to remain in recovery longer :/

I did finally get back to my room - felt like it took forever though! I was able to slowly move over into my bed, and so begins the recovery!! Which has gone a million times better than with my daughter!

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
August 8th, 2011, 07:33 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
Sounds like a great experience overall! Im glad you are recovering so well, and that you are all doing well! Hope to see pictures soon! Congrats!!

[/url
August 9th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hooray! I'm so glad you're recovering nicely! Congrats and welcome baby Dominic!
August 14th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! What a beautiful birth story.
January 18th, 2012, 01:55 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations! he's so adorable.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search