Cole Alexander!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2011, 02:12 PM
BeccaM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to BeccaM
Well it started out that I was to be induced on Thurday 8/11 at 7AM. However Cole has other plans. I got up to use the bathroom at about 11:30 Wed night. When I stood up I felt this lil trickle and thought great I just peed myself. Then all of a sudden I felt a pop and GUSH! It was just like in the movies. I just kinda stood there for a minute in awe. Turned on the light and told DH it was time to get up. I was just soaked so I jumped in the shower real quick and out the door we went. We got to the hospital about 12:30 and everyone was laughing since they had everything set to induce me at 7AM. At about 2AM contractions were coming about 2-3 minutes and very very painful. Every contraction I would lean over the side of the bed and just moan. At this time I was about 3cm and 75% effaced. They gave me pain meds thru my IV which I dont remember what they were I just yelled I wanted them. I was able to rest for maybe an hour and the contractions hit hard again. Around 6AM they checked me again and I was 5cm and still 75% effaced. They told me then I could get the epidural. I was SO happy! The epi wasent too bad. And I was a happy camper after it fully kicked in. They checked me again after a while and I was at 7cm. Things seem to be moving right along. Then I felt sick and started throwing up and had the shakes really bad. Of course they was all happy about the vomiting. They said it would help to push Cole further down and it did. Before long I was at 8cm and 100% effaced. But then it seemed every contraction his HB would drop off. I could tell the nurses seemed like they was getting concerned but didnt really tell me anything. After a while they said to call my OB it was time to get the baby out. DH was out in the hall and when he came back in he was shocked that legs were up and it was time to go. They explained to me how to push and when since I could not feel anything. I started pushing about 10:50 and Cole was born at 11:14. Cole was 8 pounds 15 ounces and 20 inches long. He is perfect!!! They apparently had to call my delivery a vacuum assisted delivery since they put the vacuum on but it poped up and then apparently I pushed hard enough he came out. I did not feel a thing which was nice but also had a 1st degree tear. After he was checked out and I was all stitched up and epi removed they handed him to me and I was able to breastfeed for a lil while. The Pediatrician/my boss showed up to check him out and take pics for everyone at work and then it happened....

The nurse wanted to check my stomach and just make sure that my uterus was getting tighter or something so they layed me back and began to feel around on my stomach. When she pushed you could hear this pop and I just felt this huge gush. Apparently I passed a clot about 700cc in weight. My OB was called back in and they did a manual massage of my uterus to get anymore clots out which they did. Everything seemed to be ok and then a lil bit later I passed another huge clot. They put me on oxygen and I remember trying to get the mask off and tell them I did not feel right. I then just heard all these bells and sirens going off. My BP dropped to 60/40 they called for someone to get Cole out of the room. My bed was flipped back so my head was low and then everyone was working on me. DH said I turned an ash grey color and my eyes started to roll but I never fully passed out. I could hear people talking to me but I could not respond and it just felt like my body went limp. I heard then saying to give me so many drugs and shots in my legs but I have no idea what was fully going on. DH said he never saw anything like it. He said he needed to leave the room at one moment to catch his breath and he heard then call for a crash cart and lost it. He said the nurse told him they did not need it it was just in case. I was told I lost at least 1/2 gallon of blood and I had to have a blood transfusion. Needless to say Cole was worth every minute of it but I dont know if I ever want to go thru that again....

August 14th, 2011, 02:30 PM
CherZ's Avatar Proud wife and mom....
Send a message via ICQ to CherZ
Wow! How scary! So glad that Cole arrived safely but what you went through afterwards, that must have been terrifying for you and for your husband to see that as well.

Rest easy, mama! Enjoy your new little boy and congratulations again!!
August 14th, 2011, 03:21 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That sounds so scary! Glad you are okay and congrats on your beautiful baby boy!

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
August 14th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on Cole!! What a scary after birth story. I'm glad you're doing better now.
August 14th, 2011, 06:10 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
Wow Rebecca, your story brought tears to my eyes. I am so very thankful you are ok. Keep healing lady, you are pretty darn important!
I am also thankful that Cole is perfect. Not only is he perfect, he is such a cutie!! Give him lots of hugs and kisses from me! And great big hugs to you as well!

[/url
August 21st, 2011, 03:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow what a scary situation!!! I am so glad you are both safe! thanks for sharing your story!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
August 23rd, 2011, 09:45 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Becca I am so glad he is here safe and sound. That sounds so scary! ((HUGS))

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

August 23rd, 2011, 02:16 PM
~Angela~'s Avatar Mommy to 3
OMG, that sounds SO scarey. I'm so glad your doing better!

Congratulations on your little boy!
January 17th, 2012, 12:20 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations, cole is adorable. i'm sorry you had such a scare; glad things turned out okay!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search