Addison's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Veteran
It was kind of uneventful! Arrived at hospital at 7:30am for induction. Got into my room, hooked up to monitors. Water was broke by doctor around 8 or 8:30am, 3 cm dilated and 75% effaced and pitocin started. Did fine until noon, then I decided I needed something for the pain. Was checked and had only progressed to 3.5cm - was a little disappointed that for all that time and achiness I only made it .5 more! Decided to get epi now because I was planning on it later anyways (around 7cm I had hoped). Pain started getting worse as epi was being administered. Hubby almost fainted he had to sit down. Got the epi in and it provided NO relief, I had some serious contractions and was in tears cuz it hurt so bad. They called the epi guys to come back and they had to administer again. This time I made hubby sit on the couch instead of by me! Still was in serious pain but had to wait 5 to 20 mins to see if it took this time. I was starting to feel a little relief and they couldn't get the contraction monitor to register off my belly so they decided to put in an internal one. When they went to do that around 12:45/1pm, the doc reached in and said um that's baby's head and your complete, ready to push! UMMMM ok now that I just had the second epi and felt no urge! So I started pushing around 1:10pm or so and she was born at 1:29pm! I was in shock that I went from 3.5 to 10 in such a short period of time, it was like an hour but I had some serious contractions during that one hour - I probably could have done it without the epi! Good thing they had to put the internal monitor in otherwise i don't know that we would have known we could go, the nurse had actually told me after the epi kicked in to take a nap! Can you imagine!?!?!??!

I can't believe how much easier this birth was than with my son, totally different but I'm totally glad that it went as fast as it did!
August 18th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
OMG!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!! Well....bad you had to get the epi twice by YAY!!!!! for such a QUICK labor!!!!Congrats on your baby girl!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
August 18th, 2011, 07:05 PM
teacher.123's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nice and quick labor! I hope for the same......quick!

August 19th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Kim
Congratulations!!!

January 17th, 2012, 09:27 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
i'm glad you had a pretty good and quick labour! congrats.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search