wingqueen26 (Adele Gianna) birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2011, 07:11 PM
wingqueen26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At my 40 week appointment, my doctor told me he had to leave town on Monday (the 15th) and asked me if I wanted to be induced. I was not for an induction at that time but knowing he was going to be out of town during my 41st week, I opted for the induction. That day, we checked into the hospital to get my cervix dilated via the foley catheter system (inserted a balloon into my cervix that got filled with water and then it was in me all night long). It is meant to dilate if you are starting at ground zero. The doctor said it may fall out on its own when you hit 3 cm. Well in the morning (Friday) it was still in so they left it in a little while longer and at 3 c.m. they took it out. Then they broke my water at 10 a.m. and started pitocin. It took an hour and a half before the epidural guy came and i was very uncomfortable. But once i got my epidural i was in good shape. I labored and contracted all day and they would increase pitocin every so often and eventually I got to 5 cm. Then the epi wore off so they gave me a bolster and that took effect and I was ok. Then I hit 6 cm and started having rectal pressure. But It wasn’t the pushing kind of pressure they wanted, the doctor said the baby's chin was up not down. So I was told to lie on my side for 30 minutes trying to get her moving. The pitocin was just about the strongest it could be and I needed another bolster of epidural so the doctor ordered it and the guy showed up but I never got relief. Later we would be told the epidural fell out when I was moved from the bed to a rocking chair, and that is why I had no pain relief. At 10:45 p.m. I was burning up, the nurses had wet wash clothes on my forehead and ice packs on my neck. The doctor checked my cervix and I was still not dilated past 6 cm and the baby's head was stuck in my pelvis and I was likely not going to dilate any further so I needed to have a c=section. I was not happy but I couldn't go on as is so we consented and then I was prepped for surgery and all the while I am still contracting even though they stopped the pitocin. I could barely follow the simplest of instructions. In the OR they gave me a spinal block and I was still contracting and the anesthesiologist was very impatient with me. I couldn't bend forward during a contraction to follow his instructions. I also had uncontrollable shakes and lost my voice. DH was right there by my side through it all. Adele arrived at 11:02 p.m. DH was not able to cut the cord upon delivery but they still let him cut a piece of the cord sort of as a ceremonial thing. Then I got sent to recovery and my doctor ok’d DH to come in and I also requested that Adele be brought in too so I could nurse her right away. The uncontrollable shakes continued straight into the night. Very scary. I was told it was part of the process post c-section. I was so scared. The first night was very rough but every day has been a little bit better. The incision site is nothing short of painful. I can't (or rather shouldn’t) bend over or bend down. But of course in the end, she's the greatest thing that ever happened to me.

I will forever question the decision to induce vs. wait it out even if it meant delivering with a stranger.

thank u quantum leap for my siggy

August 18th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry hun, that sounds rough. I am glad you have you sweet little girl in the end.

August 18th, 2011, 08:24 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's too bad it ended up being a c-section, but congrats on your beautiful baby girl! They do make it worth it!

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
August 19th, 2011, 04:12 AM
DaniB+4's Avatar Super Moderator
I'm so sorry you went through all of that. I have been there and it sucks so badly when induction goes wrong (this is precisely why I'm terrified of enduring another one!). But I am glad that you are doing well and that your baby girl is doing well .

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

August 19th, 2011, 07:08 AM
~Angela~'s Avatar Mommy to 3
on the birth of your daughter!

what a tramatic experience. I'm so sorry it happened that way
August 19th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Kim
Congrats on your sweet baby girl! Sorry you had such a rough time of it though.

August 21st, 2011, 02:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your baby girl! I am sorry that you had to have a c-section to get there but I am glad that you are both safe!!! Congrats!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
January 17th, 2012, 12:36 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations-- she's beautiful.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search