Travis John has arrived!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2011, 08:39 PM
Veteran
So on Tuesday, 8/17, I went in for a NST followed by my 41 week appointment. My DR did my exam and then said 'so we're ready to have this baby tomorrow right?' ack, what?! Ready....right..... Turns out after my appointment the previous week he put me down on his book for an induction Wed 8/18 @ 8:30 am since he would not let me go a week over due (this time around I was planning on going with a VBAC). Of course knowing the date that you're going to go into labor makes things 10x worse IMO. I couldn't sleep at all that night, I swear I was awake every hour until 5 when I decided to get up and get ready.
I then called the hospital as instructed @ 6 to make sure they would be able to take me and we were off shortly after 7 once my mom arrived to watch our DD. We arrived and had to go through all the paper work and wait for my room to be ready, of course adding to the nerves. By 8:30 I was in the room and they put in all the IV's and what not, the pit was started by 9. My Dr then came in shortly after to break my water and the waiting game began. Just like with my daughter it took forever for things to progress....so we waited and waited. I gladly took the epi around 12 since the anesthesiologist was going to be in and out of c-sections after that and I would have to wait until he was done. Everything was good pain wise until oh about 6 when my right side decided to stop letting the epi work...Of course at this point things were finally really starting to progress so I was actually have contractions about 2 mins apart and Travis' head wasn't pointing the right way so my Dr had to go in and try to move the little bugger, ouch. The anesthesiologist then came back and re-did my epi and it worked again for the most part. By midnight I was finally ready to start pushing! It ONLY took 16 hours to get to that point ugh....I pushed for 2 hours and Travis arrived at 2:43 am August 18th, weighing 8 lbs 10 oz and measuring 20.5" long!!

Wife to Kevin, mom to Lillie and Travis

Last edited by sebarreiros; August 28th, 2011 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Pictures added
August 24th, 2011, 03:10 AM
~Angela~'s Avatar Mommy to 3
Glad you were able to get a top-off on your epi!
January 16th, 2012, 11:15 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations on your sweet little boy!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search