Blake's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 27th, 2011, 04:42 AM
mommytanya's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to mommytanya
On the morning of August 22 at 4:30 , I woke up to use the bathroom. on the way, I thought some pee snuck out....very typical. When I went to the bathroom, I saw some blood. And then when I stood up to wipe, a little fluid ran down my legs. I decided to stay up just to monitor what was going on. Every 5-10 mins I went back to bathroom where blood turned to a brownish-green discharge. ewwww! And in between, I syill felt liquid leaking out. My thought: can your water break and then leak out slowly? hmmmmm...Hubby woke up to see why I was up. Then I decided to call the maternity floor at the hospital. They said come on in; that it sounded like my water had broke. (I have quick labor and delivers so that is why I was so on top of it all) So we got the boys up and to the neighbors and off we went.
We got to the hospital around 6...I think. They did the test to see if it was my water that had broke, but then the nurse checked me and I was 5 cm dialated and almost 100 percent effaced. That is when we knew that baby would be born today. About a half an hour later after I was all settled, hooked up to monitors, etc. they checked me again and I was now 8 cm. My guess was Blake would be born around 9. However going from 8 to 10 took a lil while. at one point, the nurses thought I/ was a 9- 9 and a half, but then when my dr checked I was only a 8 still. (and here they had be all up in stirups, bed broken down...so they had to take it down so I could relax some.) At about 8 cm is when my contractions were the worst. I felt then in my back and basically just breathed through them...no epidural for me! I tried a few different positions, but pain was the same. I estimate at about 10, I finally was at 10 and it was push time. Hubby said I pushed through about 6 contractions and Baby Blake Charles Jacobs was born at 10:29 am weighing 6 lbs 15 oz and was 19 and a half inches long. I did not get to hold him right away as planned, but that was ok cuz I had to have stiches done as I tore a little (I later found out cord was around his neck) But when he was 21 minutes old I got to hold him for the first time!! 5 days later, I am completely in love with him. He has made our family complete!! He is breastfeeding very well, sleeping super, and is such a calm and cute baby!! His oldest brother absolutely adores him and his other brother is very slowly warming up to him. His daddy, I know, is so in love with him too. Blake was our surprise baby who was created during a difficult time in our marriage and when I told hubby I was preggo, he said"Everything happens for a reason!" and I think he was right.

August 27th, 2011, 06:19 AM
amycc's Avatar Super Mommy
What a great story, and welcome to sweet baby Blake! Congratulations!

August 27th, 2011, 07:07 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
awwwww love it! you are so blessed and congrats once again momma!

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
August 27th, 2011, 08:53 AM
mom2moose
Your story made me cry. (I'm a hot mess today. LOL) Great story and sounds like a great birth. Good work on no meds!! Also, was the greenish brown discharge due to meconium, or just your water breaking??

Enjoy your little man!! Hope things continue to go smoothly!
August 27th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! Your story made me cry as well. I'm so happy that everything worked out for you guys.

August 27th, 2011, 04:31 PM
mommytanya's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to mommytanya
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2moose View Post
Your story made me cry. (I'm a hot mess today. LOL) Great story and sounds like a great birth. Good work on no meds!! Also, was the greenish brown discharge due to meconium, or just your water breaking??

Enjoy your little man!! Hope things continue to go smoothly!
The nurse on the phone said it was probably meconium

August 28th, 2011, 11:14 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Glad he made it safe and sound. Very nice birth. Congratulations.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

September 3rd, 2011, 08:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Great story! Congrats!!!
January 14th, 2012, 07:52 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations! i'm glad everything went well for you!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search