Log In Sign Up

Brady's birth story....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2011, 02:02 PM
CherZ's Avatar Proud wife and mom....
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,557
Send a message via ICQ to CherZ
My Birth Story of Brady Caleb Connor

August 16, 2011 @ 6:09 am – I had a terrible night of sleeping as I tossed and turned all night, dealing with Braxton hicks contractions throughout the night. I got up to have breakfast with my husband as he was getting ready to go out to work. After having my breakfast, I got up and felt a small gush on my pajama pants, thinking I broke my water. I went to the bathroom to check it out and it was not a complete break of my waters. So, I decided to lie down for a half an hour to see if it would pool up after I got up, it didn’t happen. My husband decided to stick around for an hour or two to see if I would go into labour that morning. Nothing happened. Randy then went to work that morning.

2:20 pm – After putting my son, Zack to nap I went to use the washroom and noticed a bloody show. I decided to phone my doctor, curious to see what she would say as I was not having any contractions that day and didn’t think my water broke. After speaking with my doctor and explaining the circumstances to her, she advised for me to go to the hospital and she would meet me there. I started to make phone calls to arrange for child care for Zack and contacted Randy to come home. After Randy came home and had my mother in law look after Zack, we headed into town to the hospital. After registering and explaining my situation to a nurse from H**, a non stress test was performed on me for an hour and it showed myself having mild contractions 3-4 minutes apart. I did not feel them. At the time, I was 39 weeks and 2 days pregnant, 3-4 cm dilated, 60-75 effaced and at -1 station. The medical student doctor arrived to assess me along with the nurse from hell. The doctor found that I was 4-5 cm dilated, 100% effaced and at 2 station. BUT.....the nurse was convinced that I was not in labour and performed a cervical check on me and TOLD the doctor that I was 1-2 cm dilated and not effaced at all. The nurse managed to CONVINCE the doctor that I was in promodal labour and that baby was not coming. After three hours of assessment and being told to go home, I fired back to the nurse and told her that I was NOT going home and did not believe her assessment one bit. I told the nurse that I trusted my doctor’s and the resident doctor’s assessment more than the nurse’s and will not budge until my family doctor arrived. The nurse was arguing with me and I snapped at her, “I’ll say it once, NOT LEAVING!” She pouted and left the room. Just as she left, my doctor arrived and did a check on me and sure enough, she determined that I was in early labour, 4-5 cm dilated, 100% effaced and determined that my waters tore, there was a small leak instead of a gush that morning. Sooo, at that point, my doctor advised for us to go out for supper, go for a long walk and come back to the hospital to labour there. At that time it was 6:30 pm.

6:40 pm – Upon leaving the hospital parking lot, I had my first contraction and it hit HARD. We continued to pick up Subway for supper and suddenly, my contractions were hitting me hard from 4 minutes apart. I was timing them with my IPOD. We then drove home to eat, thinking it would be a long night ahead of us. We arrived home, not even two bites later, we turned around and headed back to the hospital as my contractions were 3 minutes apart. Once we arrived, staff immediately threw me in the delivery room, put the monitors on my belly to check Brady’s heartbeat and he was fine. After determining he was fine, I jumped in the shower, sat on the birthing ball and contractions were hitting me one after another FAST. Deep breathing, rotating on the ball and shower running on my back and belly helped manage the pain. Not even twenty minutes later, I felt a HUGE contraction that I requested a pain relief and also felt the urge to push. I immediately got out of the shower, got on the bed, received a shot of fentynal that took the edge off the pain but not enough. My doctor assessed me to be complete already! It was an intense experience as contractions were really strong and I pushed about 10 times before letting out a huge scream on my last push as I felt Brady crowning and he literally flew out at 8:49 pm! From my first contraction at 6:40 to my last push, the total time was 2 hours! The labor and delivery was extremely fast! I had 2nd degree tears and received stitches for them. My labor and delivery was as close to a natural birth, except for a shot of fentynal. I could not believe the difference between my experiences with labor/delivery with Zack and with Brady. With Zack, I had pitocin and epidural and felt worse after the birth. With Brady’s birth, I was up and walking after an hour. I felt amazing and so good about myself. It was wonderful.

My doctor advised that if I were to get pregnant again, I’d have to live at the hospital to deliver as Brady’s was a fast one! LOL!
Reply With Quote
January 16th, 2012, 10:25 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 19,640
congratulations on your little boy!
my grandma and i both have/had precipitous labours. she always joked about camping out at the hospital, lol.
msjaQ- 28, pantheist AP detroit mama to:
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0