William Benjamin's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
I had been having contractions off and on for a couple of weeks. They'd get close together, but then they would lose intensity. On Thursday morning I had bloody show and was having contractions 10 minutes apart. We went to see Tim at work at lunch and at noon the contractions suddenly went from 10 minutes apart to 6 minutes apart with a wicked intensity shift. After about 20 minutes of that I called my midwife (her husband was out of town and needed some advance warning to make sure she had childcare scheduled). I told her I was sure we'd be at our appointment that afternoon, but I just wanted to give her a heads up.

We went to our appointment at 3:45. Contractions were still 6 minutes apart, still very strong. The nurse took me in when she saw me in the waiting room and I didn't have to do the regular stuff, just get checked. I was at 4. We decided to go home for a while, have dinner, pack up the van with our birth center stuff and hang out for a while at home.

Around 7 we decided it was time to go. I was having so much trouble getting myself distracted. It just was not working at all. So we called and went in. I was checked and was between 4 and 5. We started the first IV bag and got settled.

I hung out in the living room with the family for a while, rocking in the chair and then I decided to try hands and knees on the ball because my back was hurting. It didn't help. We were checked again and were at a 6 and decided to get in the tub. After being in the tub for a while I was still a 6. I had to go to the bathroom, so I got out and just stayed out.

We tried to sleep in between contractions and it worked, but it makes it feel like the contractions are one on top of the other which sucks. The queen bed was nice, but Tim was falling into really deep sleep and it was making me super angry. Around 2 the rest of my mucus plug fell out and it was gross.

It felt like labor was going to go on forever. Around 6 or 7 on Friday morning I couldn't try to sleep anymore. I'm not sure what time this was, but the nurse talked me into a check and I was at 7. She tried to dilate me manually WITHOUT ASKING OR SAYING SHE WAS GOING TO DO IT (this seriously upset me and has caused me to have nightmares about other stuff) and said it was at an 8 when she did that. I did not like it.

Our midwife came back around probably noon or so? I don't know. I went into transition. I kept insisting on counter pressure from Tim on my back right at my right hip. I have a bruise there now.

They said I only pushed for like 20 minutes. He was born at 2:55 with the water intact. I was sure I tore, but I didn't. Not even skid marks. It was the most awesome birth and there are more details I wanted to share, but he's up and crying so I'll try to remember them later.

It was an amazing birth (all except the part with that one nurse) and I absolutely love having two boys.

Oh - and the best part, my brother who I haven't seen in almost 5 years came home from California from Wednesday night until Saturday afternoon, so he was able to meet both of his nephews!

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
August 30th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I'm glad you had a good experience (except for that one nurse). Congrats on your little boy!

August 31st, 2011, 04:26 PM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congrats!

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
January 16th, 2012, 11:15 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congrats on your adorable little guy. glad you had a positive experience!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search