Ammon's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2011, 10:55 AM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That morning I had my MW appt. and everything checked out great. I was a stretchy 3 and 80%. I went home and just had the feeling to get things done. I was able to clean the house and get all the laundry done and put away. Around 1:30 that afternoon I started to feel crampy. It was like my period was going to start. I took about a 2 hr nap. I started making dinner around 4:45 when I noticed that my cramps started getting worse but started turning into contraction like. I started timing them as I was making dinner. They were 6-8 min apart but not painful. (I had this same thing happen on Sunday so I thought it was the same thing going to turn into nothing again). After an hr I stopped timing them and just tried to ignore them. It was 6:45 when I started to time again as they started to hurt and get more intense. Still only about 6-7 min apart. I told Carl about 8 that I think I�m going to mess his next few days up. He said are you having contractions? I told him yes for a few hrs now and There getting more painful but still far apart. After about 30 min He told me it' the real thing that I need to call my mom and brother and let them know so that my sister in law can come over and watch the kids. I made the call and they happen to be moving that day so it was a little hard to find them. My biggest fear was going up and getting sent home so I was a little unsure if it was real and really wanted to stay home and see what happens but Carl wasn't for that. He ended up going to get my sister in law and as I was waiting for them I was on Facebook, texting people as if I wasn't in labor and things where fine. It was the contraction before he got there that I realized that this was it and that its's real. I saw him pull in the driveway and before he could get to the door OI was out the door telling him let�s just go and not wait for anything. On the way there we happen to have a conversation about a car dealer and about his work the next day. So I started to second guess myself again and suggested maybe going back home because I didn't want to get send home. We got to the hospital and I didn't want to sit down. It was to uncomfortable so I walked and we had to stop a few time because if I walked it made them closer together and harder. Once we got to L&D it was 10:15pm we got checked in and they started to monitor me to see. They even decided to check me to see. At this point I was 4+ and 90% but the baby was still high and my contractions where 4 min apart. They told me yep your in labor and we can admit you. I went to my room and there I was able to get a birthing ball, walk and just do my own thing. At 10:45 my MW come in and checked to see where I was. I was now at 7cm and 100% but still baby was high. I had to get monitored again and my contractions where 2 min apart lasting 40 sec so I was getting close. I started to feel like a watched animal and felt bad that everyone was there just waiting. My MW had another patent at a different hospital and left her to come to me. I happen to be going faster so she just stated and called to check on the other one. At 11:10 they checked again and I was at 8. I felt so much pressure and kept thinking I needed to go pee. I tried once and nothing. They asked about breaking my water to make it go faster but the fear of it hurting worse scared me. Carl finally convinced me to do it and once I saw what they would do it with I changed my mind. It looked like a crochet needle. I finally gave in at 11:25 and let me tell you. THEY HURT WORSE! I felt thing need to push with each contraction but felt nothing happening. They pain was worse than I remember and I started to shake and feel sick. My midwife checked again and I had a lip left and the baby's head was there. With each contraction she was helping starch me. I had the urge to push a real one and felt that horrible ring of fire. His head and one shoulder came out and they told me not to push. It was the hardest thing not to do. They cleaned his mouth and told me to push and after I did he came out. So at 11:39pm Ammon was born at 6lbs 14 oz 19 inches.
The first day was a little hard as I was getting sick every hr and my lower back was hurting. I was still contraction which is normal but by this time I was exhausted, sick and tired so it was really hard. It took Ammon a little to latch on but once he did he's done great. Later that day we found out that he had a broken clavicle which was a bad break but it didn't bother him much unless you moved his arm or pushed on it.

Last edited by dbarney; August 30th, 2011 at 11:07 AM.
August 31st, 2011, 01:36 AM
butterflies.in.a.jar's Avatar <3 Team Pink!!! <3
Send a message via MSN to butterflies.in.a.jar
Aww congrats Mama!! I love his name!
Team PINK!!!
September 1st, 2011, 07:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry he has a broken bone. I hope it heals quickly! And I love your birth story...encouraging to me since I'm hoping for a natural birth! He sure is a cutie, mama! Congrats!

September 2nd, 2011, 05:30 AM
robinmichele87's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great job, mama!! He's so cute! I'm happy everything went pretty well. The water breaking tool definitely is intimidating. haha. I remember looking at it like "wait..that is going inside of me?!" LOL
I hope his little clavicle heals quickly!
September 2nd, 2011, 09:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
CONGRATS MAMA!!! What a powerful birth story and yeah for going natural! Hope Ammon heals quickly
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
September 5th, 2011, 05:00 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! Ammon is beautiful and I'm glad you had such a peaceful delivery. I hope his clavicle heales up quickly. Glad to know he isn't in pain.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
September 5th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Great story! Congratulations.
January 14th, 2012, 08:13 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations, you have beautiful kids! i'm sorry to hear he had the broken clavicle. hope everything is fantastic now!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search