Clayton's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 2nd, 2011, 05:16 AM
Super Mommy
Here we go....

I am going to say that things started Sunday August 28. I started to have BH contractions. I did not have any pain or cramps with them so I did not think too much of them. On Monday they started to come more often and then Tuesday I lost my mucus plug. On Wednesday I still had BH contractions through out the day. I left work about an hour early because I felt extremely tired. When I got home I cleaned up a bit and cooked dinner. We ate about 8:00 pm and went for our evening walk. Once we got home from our evening walk I took a shower and made sure I had everything packed in our hospital bag. I had a feeling that I would go into labor.

At 11:30 pm I started to feel cramps with my contractions. They were not consistent and were coming and going. And yes they felt like your typical menstrual cramps. About an hour or so later they started to get more painful. I had DH start timing them. They were coming about every 6-8 minutes and lasted anywhere from 1 to 2 minutes. We called the hospital about 2:00 am to see what they had to say. They said wait until contractions were coming about 3 to 5 minutes and to where I could not speak or walk through the contractions. They also suggested I take a warm bath and take some Tylenol. I did just that but no relief. At about 3:00 am the contractions were more intense and I could barely walk through them. I told DH let's go to the hospital. Regardless if I had dilated I just wanted to go and see what they had to say.

We get to the hospital and register which took forever. We finally get up to L&D, nurse checks me and I was at 3 cm, almost 4 cm. Even though I was in pain I was excited! I was admitted and she started to give me some pain medicine. I can't remember the name but it made me real sleepy. I could still feel some pain with the contractions but it was not that bad. I don't know how long after that but she checked me again at some point and I was at 5 to 6 cm. At that time she said I could get an epidural. I said yes. The anesthesiologist had some difficulty putting it in and stuck me quite a bit. I did not look and luckily DH was in there with me. Finally he got it in. After about 15 minutes I was good to go.

At 7 am shift changed and a new nurse and doctor came in. The new doctor came in checked me and I was still at 6 cm. At that time he decided to break my water. I had hope once he done that that I would continue to progress well but unfortunately things kinda slowed down. Even though he said usually its an hour for each cm I had hoped it would go quicker because I had already progressed quickly before he broke my water. For the next three hours or so my nurse would come in and check me and finally about 12:00 pm or so she said that I was about ready to start pushing. Oh goodness I was ecstatic! She said he was really low and thought that I wouldn't push very long. My nurses came back in about 30 minutes later, got things set up, and I started pushing. I started off really well. However, as time went on I became tired. After about an hour and half later he still had not come and the epidural had worn off. I was feeling a lot of pain and I was just too tired. At this time they decided they were going to vacuum him out. I was quite disappointed because I really wanted to push him out on my own, but I just could not do it.

The doctor came in and we started that process. At this point I could feel everything. I was in so much pain, but I was so ready for Clayton to be here. I some how found the strength to fight through the pain and pushed with all I had. In one quick movement Clayton was out. I had my eyes closed as I kept pushing but as soon as they put him on my belly I opened my eyes to see our sweet baby boy. I just overcame with emotion and started crying. He was so beautiful! He let out a cry as soon as he was out and that made me so happy. DH was crying as well. He stood next to me for a few minutes as they were cleaning me up but immediately went to Clayton when they started weighing him. I did tear and I think heard him say it was 2nd degree. As he was stitching me up I was watching DH hold our son. It was an amazing sight. DH started crying which got me crying more!

I am still at the hospital but hope to leave today at about 2:30 pm. I am still sore down there but other than that I feel good. I was so happy that I went into labor on my own and was not induced. I will try to post pictures once I get home. Being a mother is a wonderful feeling and I can't wait for you other first timers to feel what I feel.
September 2nd, 2011, 05:23 AM
robinmichele87's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats, mama! Sounds like you did a great job! It really is a wonderful feeling and I'm so excited to feel that again. I hope you get to go home today. Can't wait to see pics of your sweet little man!
September 2nd, 2011, 09:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What a sweet wonderful birth story!! I'm so happy for you and your hubby - you both sound like wonderful parents!! CONGRATS MAMA!!! I cannot wait to become a mommy and see my DH hold our daughter for the first time. The thought almost brings tears so I'm sure I'll be crying then!
January 14th, 2012, 06:14 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations, mama.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search