Birth of Hannah Catherine 8-29-11

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 2nd, 2011, 03:55 PM
~Angela~'s Avatar Mommy to 3

Sun (28th) I had been having intermittent cramping all day, but nothing really painful. By 1am onMonday I felt uncomfortable enough not to be able to sleep, although thecontractions were really spaced apart, I couldn't sleep, I knew something washappening as I started to get bloody show. 5am I started passing blood clotsand freaked out. Called L&D, they assured me that lying down was probablycausing pooling of blood and unless I was soaking pads, not to worry and comein when contractions were closer together (they were ranging from 15 min to 3hrs apart lol).

I had a Dr. apt. at 9am, and by then I was hurting through the contractions,but because they were still spaced, I wanted to see how far along I was beforegoing to the hosp. At 9:15 I was 4cm, given the choice to go to the hosp. orwait a few hours and walk around somewhere. I opted for the hospital. By thetime I got to the hospital they were 3-6 minutes apart...I guess the walking to L&Ddid it. I got in the tub, which was nice, but didn't help my pain, so I got outafter 20 minutes. I used the birthing ball, which felt better on the front ofmy tummy not having my legs going into my tummy (as they were on the rocker),but I felt a lot of rectal pressure through the contractions on top of uterinecontraction pain, it was awful. Did I mention the horrible back labor I hadgoing through this...it made it impossible to be still at all. A midwife cameto check on me at 1pm and could see I was struggling and offered to check me. Iwas 7cm (which with all the pain I couldn't believe I was only 7), she offeredto break my water to move things along faster. 3 contractions later (just aboutscreaming though them) I asked for pain relief, I said I couldn't do itanymore....it was bad. The midwife said I could have Nubain and if I wanted,she could check me first as heart decelerations were indicating baby wasfinally moving down. She checked me at 1:20pm and said I was complete with acervical lip and I could have a babe in my arms in 10 min. I'm glad she checkedme.

She help the lip while I pushed, I screamed at her the whole time I waspushing, because her holding the lip made things so much more painful. After afew pushes she said "this is going to take longer than I thought, the babyis posterior", hence the back labor. Anyway, I had to push, and shefinally turned. I screamed through delivery. The hardest was trying not to push her out while the Dr. and midwife waited for me to stretch, Ijust wanted her out. It was the most painful thing I have ever experienced.Hannah was born at 1:40pm 8-29-11 8lb 2oz 21in. She was originally weighed at8lb 5oz, but was so covered in vernix, that after she was cleaned up, sheweighed in at the lower weight.

Natural childbirth is the most painful thing I have experienced, but as thedays go by, I forget more and more about the pain and the great experience ofhaving her. I got 3 stitches. I latched her on within 15 minutes, and shestayed that way for waaaay to many hours lol. She never got that sleepinessafter 4 hours like they said she would.
January 16th, 2012, 07:55 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations. she's beautiful! we definitely forget the pain of labor-- otherwise we'd never have more children. :-D
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search