Scarlett's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 3rd, 2011, 02:06 PM
AmandaScarlett's Avatar Veteran
On the morning of August 12th, I woke up at 7am, just liek every morning, to get ready for work. When I stood up to get out of bed, I felt a small gush come out, but thought it was just discharge or something. My water breaking never crossed my mind! I took a shower and while blowdrying my hair, I was still feeling dripping, but was completely dry from the shower. It was coming out stronger and I knew something was going on. I woke up DH, and told him that i thought my water had broken. At that point, I was pretty much crying hysterically. I was terrified that she was coming so early. DH calmly helped me gather some stuff for the hospital. Luckily some clothes were all packed and ready for my trip to NYC the next day! We drove over to the hospital, went inside, and told them I think my water broke. I got tested, as water continued to gush, and they confirmed my water had broken. Then they checked to see if I was dilated, and sure enough, I was 5cm and had no clue! They brought me right into a delivery room and got me hooked up to an IV with penicillan. I had been scheduled to have my strep test next wednesday, so since they didn't know if i was positive, i had to get treated anyway.

We had forgotten so many things at home, that DH decided to run to target to get some little things and a video camera, which we were planning on getting. He left me in the room watching the Hangover, just waiting for something to happen. I called my parents right away, who are in Massachusetts, and totally shocked them! They're in their busiest season on the Cape with their restraunt, so only my mom could come out right away. She jumped in her car, off to the airport at 8:30am to catch a flight to Vegas.

The next few hours were pretty uneventful. They decided to start me on pitocin around 2pm since I wasn't progressing much, and i luckily got a meal in before it started. I started feeling a little crampy around 6pm at 7cm, but nothing even worse than my period. Around 7pm DH went to get something to eat and take our dog out. My mom's plane got in at 8:30, so DH went to get her from the airport, and it would've taken her forever to get a cab. Right around that time, I started REALLY feeling the contractions and of course, I was all alone! I had these two nurses with me who were absolutely amazing. One of them kept mentioning getting an epidural, even though she knew i wanted to go natural. When she left the room, the other nurse told me that she had four babies naturally and really made me feel like i could do it. Around 9pm, the contractions were so intense. I was at 9cm and still no DH and mom! They called and I could barely talk. The nurses tried to give me some breathing techniques and use the ball, and some other postions, but the only thing that worked for me was standing and rocking back and forth, and a WHOLE LOT of screaming!! Nurses kept coming in to check and make sure everything was ok because I was so loud. I didn't curse once and just kept saying OWWWW!!! DH and mom finally got there around 9:30. I didn't want anyone to touch me during the contractions, but DH was amazing and just kept saying he was so proud of me. That really kept me going. I have never felt pain like that before! I started feeling the need to puh but we were waiting for the doctor. He finally got there and started to push. After about 5 contractions, Scarlett Hyatt was born! Nothing ever felt better than the pain being over. She cried right away and all i could exclaim was "omg she's really a girl!!" over and over again. I hadn't had a sonogram since 20 weeks, so I kept having this fear that they got the sex wrong. Once they weighed her I was so relieved that she was 6lbs, 19in. and totally healthy. I got some stitches from 2nd degree tears and then I got her right away, and we were so in love.

I felt amazing immeadiately after delivery- didn't even break a sweat! I couldn't have asked for a better birth experience. I can't wait to do it again!

September 4th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow what an amazing experience! Scarlett is gorgeous! Congrats!

September 4th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What a beautiful story! So glad that your DH made it back it time and yea for going natural!
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
September 5th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! Glad you got your natural birth. She is beautiful.
January 15th, 2012, 03:12 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations! she's precious.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

April 22nd, 2012, 03:27 PM
awesome story!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search