Olivia's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2011, 04:27 AM
Nami's Avatar ♥ Mommy of three ♥
Monday August 15th - 1 week overdue
I woke up at 5am with really bad cramps and noticed I was losing my plug. As day went on I kept having random contractions but nothing painful just annoying. I also started to feel really sick and could not eat so I went to bed early.

Tuesday August 16th - 8 days overdue
Once again woke up at 5am with really bad cramps and this time had a "bloody show" and about 20mins after getting up the contractions started and was every 10-15 mins. As the day went on the contractions started getting worse but was still only 10min apart. By the time it was bed time the contractions was super painful but of course still only 10mins apart. I tried to sleep but with the contractions being so painful and so often I could not get any sleep in so I spent the whole night in pain on the couch, I even made DH sleep on the other couch because I really didn't want to be alone with this kind of pain.

Wednesday August 17th - 9days over due
Contractions still 10mins apart and super painful. Around 9am we had a doctors appointment for Alissa because of her sleeping issues but there was some mix up and the doctor wasn't in that day but they asked if we wanted to stick around until they could get ahold of him and see what we could do but by this point I had been into labor for over 24 hours and just really out of it so I said I just wanted to go home. At 11 DH had to leave and take Chris to school for an hour so I was left alone with Alissa and it seemed like forever before DH got back. By this point I had had enough it was just too much, the pain was just crazy and I'm not one to be unable to handle pain, I was actually in tears from the pain and being so wore out. Around 1pm the contractions FINALLY picked up! But they picked up super fast and went from 10min apart to 2mins apart so I got in the shower while DH called MIL to get the kids. While in the shower the contractions kept coming and the shower was not doing anything to help with the pain but since the contractions was so close together I knew it was time so was able to start managing the pain better. MIL got there about half an hour later to get the kids and at this point I said we have to go to the hospital now. DH of course was driving crazy and forgot about the detour you had to take to get to the hospital so he went the wrong way so it took a few extra mins to get there but we got there just before 2pm. After finally getting there the lady could see I was having contractions very often so took us in right away to a room to monitor me. After 10mins of being monitored they took them off and checked me, I was 6cm at this point. I spent the next two hours just sitting up on the bed talking to the midwives there, they was all amazed I was doing this without any kind of pain meds and how well I was breathing. They was also all interested in why I was keeping my Placenta so we talked about that as well. They kept asking me if I wanted them to break my water since I had been in labor so long and was already so worn out plus I was making them very uneasy since my last two kids came so fast after my water broke they was worried my water would break while they wasn't around and wouldn't get to me in time. I turned it down at first but after I started to feel like I had to push I gave them the OK to go ahead and break my water. They checked me and I was about 10cm then they broke my water. After my water was broken I had just enough time to lay on my side, the midwife said to me "Anytime you feel the need to push go ahead and do so" and just as she was finishing saying it I was pushing! It only took about 3 pushes and baby was out!

After 9 days of being late and 35 hours of labor Baby Olivia was finally here! She was born August 17th at 4:03pm(Another 4pm baby! All my kids was born at 4pm) weighing at 6lbs 6oz and was 19.3in long.

September 4th, 2011, 05:25 PM
babi_lovin11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to babi_lovin11
Congrats!

She shares a b-day with my little guy!
September 4th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Nami's Avatar ♥ Mommy of three ♥
Yay for birthday buddies!

January 16th, 2012, 08:44 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congrats on your new daughter.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search