Cooper James Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 11th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Mum2LGandC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went in for my appointment on the 9th to have the midwife recheck my fluid levels. My fluids were definitely lower and my midwife was positive that I had a small leak so she sent me up to the hospital. They got me all checked in and my midwife showed up at 10am to break my water. She tried 3 times and could not get it to break. We decided to let me walk around and see if it would break on it's own since she had "roughed" it up. By noon it hadn't broken so my nurse called my midwife and let her know. She was just finishing up seeing a couple of patients in the clinic and would be up shortly. She arrived just before 1pm and told Dh to go grab a bite to eat because she knew things would go fast once my water did break. So he ran down to the cafeteria while she broke my water which was apparently bulging by that point. I was 4cm and 95% effaced at this point. I had to stay in bed on the monitors for 30 minutes to keep an eye on baby and the contractions started immediately. Dh was back by 1:20pm and I asked the nurse to start filling the tub while Dh and I took a quick walk. We didn't even make it halfway around the floor when I knew things were going to happen fast. I started telling Dh we needed to turn around and I had to stop after each room to breath through a contraction. I knew I was in transition because I was starting to shake. The midwife thankfully was down the hall and checked me and I was 8cm and "melting" away. She told me we had no time for the tub and quickly set up for delivery. I had one more contraction and felt like I needed to push. She checked me again and I was 10cm and the head was right there. Two pushes later and his head was out and his body was delivered without me even pushing. He was born at 2:25pm, 1.5 hours after breaking my water, weighing 7lbs 5oz and 21 inches long.

They let me pull him up onto my chest and everyone was asking what we had. I got the pleasure of announcing that it was a boy! They covered us both up while we waited for the cord to stop pulsating and then I got to cut his cord. We cuddled for a little bit while I delivered the placenta and then Dh took him to the warmer to be weighed and measured while I got my 4 stitches. I ended up tearing on my scar from DD's delivery due to how quickly he was born.

We had to stay in the hospital for 24 hours after delivery and we have been home since Saturday afternoon. He is such a sweet little boy and his brother and sister love him to death. We are both doing amazingly well. I don't even feel like I had a baby 48 hours ago apart from the physical signs. My milk has already come in and he is nursing like a champ.

Last edited by Mum2LGandC; September 11th, 2011 at 08:44 PM.
September 12th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Great story! Congrats!
September 12th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Mom2twolittlemen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mom2twolittlemen Send a message via MSN to Mom2twolittlemen
What an awesome birthing story! You did so great and should be so proud of yourself for remaining so calm and at ease with NCB.

Cooper James sounds like such a fun loving easy going little man. It sounds like he fits in so perfectly.

Glad nursing is going well and your feeling so good TYFS!

September 12th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats for going natural and how exciting that you were able to announce the gender and cut the cord!
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

January 11th, 2012, 05:25 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congrats on your new little guy. you did a great job!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search