Mason Kage's Arrival :)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Veteran
It was September 10th and that morning I woke up went to the restroom at about 7am and noticed alot of my mucus plug was in the toilet so I figured labor could be soon or even later. Well I was to pick my sister up that day from the airport at 2pm. I was having contractions but nothing timeable or even that bad just cramping. Once I picked up my sister we came back to my house and decided to get some dinner so we went to Applebees around 430pm and that's when it all began. I started getting contractions that were 15 min apart. This lasted until about 6pm. Then I took a bath to see if they would slow down or stop. But I was just so uncomfortable in the tub, so I got out used the restroom and all my mucus plug came out. At about 630pm I started timing my contrations and they because every 4-5 minutes apart. So I thought it was time to head to the hospital because I am about 45 min away and this is my first baby so I wanted to be safe than sorry. I got to hte hospital around 8pm and was checked around 930pm I was only 1-2 cm dialated. They were going to send me home, but the contractions hurt too bad. So they said to walk around for 2 hours then they would check again. Well I walked and went to my friends to let out her dog came back to the hospital walked some more and was checked at midnight I was 5cm dialated. So they took their sweet time getting me into a room and started asking me a million questions. I wanted an all natural birth no medication, but the contractions hurt sooo bad so I ordered an epidural. They took blood and sent it down to the lab in order to get the epidural on its way. Well It was then 130AM and I still had not received the epidural but told the nurse that was still asking me a million questions that I had the urge to poop really bad. She said well I will check you. And sure enough I was 10cm. They couldn't believe it! (me either lol) They pretty much told me that if I got pain meds it would take too long and the Dr came in and broke my water. I pushed for 2 hours and 17 minutes and Then Mason Kage was born at 4:17AM on 9/11/2011. It was a fast labor and very exhausting, but thanks to that Doctor who knew I wanted a natual birth and knew I could do it. It was an awesome experience!
September 17th, 2011, 05:27 PM
robinmichele87's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats and I'm glad you were able to go naturally!
September 18th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad you had such a great experience. Congrats!
September 18th, 2011, 12:20 PM
bajars2531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!! Good for you for going natural

Make a pregnancy ticker

September 19th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats mama!! Yay for ending up getting your natural birth.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
January 11th, 2012, 07:16 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations! i'm glad everything went quickly for you!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search