Everett Robert's arrival

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm a little late with this!

I had my 37-week OB appointment on the 6th, and the OB and I discussed my delivery concerns. Totally cried for the entire appt as I was terrified that delivery would go like it did with DD, which wasn't good. He was great, put me more at ease and made me feel better. I did some shopping then went home to DD.

Fast forward to that night, it was 8pm and my DH was putting together the baby's dresser in the nursery. I had a contraction out of the blue and I said to him "Ha, I just had a contraction!". Didn't think much of it, so I started to put DD to bed, which involves lying down watching a movie with her for an hour or so. I had a couple more contractions, about 15 minutes apart, and at 9pm I said to DH that I thought we should call my mom and get her to pack a bag just in case we had to call in the middle of the night. Called her, told her to pack and if she didn't hear from me, that it meant all was good. The contractions started coming faster and faster, they were about 6-8 minutes apart and getting really painful, and I was having to breath through them while trying to lay still and get DD to sleep. At 9:30 I told DH to call mom and get her to come over, we needed to go to L&D. She arrived at 10pm - seriously the longest half hour of my life. I gave DD lots of hugs and she was freaking out that I was leaving, poor thing - the timing couldn't have been worse, she wasn't asleep and was now overtired and her mommy was leaving right at bedtime, I felt awful.

Anyway, we got away and drove the 20 minutes to the hospital. Contrax were coming ever 3-4 minutes and really painful. We were the only people in L&D at the time, got into our room at 10:22 and got changed. The nurse checked me and I was between 7-8 cms already! That seemed impossible!! Because I was so far along, I wasn't able to get an epidural like I'd planned. I got an iv and had some fentanyl. Baby's hb wasn't staying on the monitor so they put in an internal monitor and I had to lie on my left side. At 11:45 they checked me again and I was pretty much complete. They had me start pushing and at 12:03 Everett was born!! I got to hold my little man right away while they dried him off. He needed a little oxygen but his apgars were 9 and 9, for being 3 weeks early he looked fantastic!

The OB told me afterwards she had been really worried about my previous episiotomy scar, because apparently I had a lot of internal scar tissue from it. She had thought it was likely going to rip open badly, but thankfully it held. I had a 2nd degree tear up the side of my labia, probably from baby coming so fast and furious. I had crazy shakes after he was born and was shaking like a mad woman while the OB stitched me up, but she assured me that she was used to stitching a moving target, ha!

Stats were 6lbs 13oz, 20 inches long. Nursing like a superstar and exceeded his birth weight by the time he was 4 days old!!

Thanks to Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for this beautiful sig!

September 25th, 2011, 06:49 AM
robinmichele87's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! He certainly came fast..that's awesome! Congrats!!
September 25th, 2011, 06:58 AM
Cwright's Avatar Super Mommy
Congrats!! So happy to hear you had a pretty smooth delivery. I had the crazy shakes too but it was from the epidural, my husband kept asking me if I was alright because I couldn't control it. LOL

Thank you Babydoll213 for my Siggy!

September 25th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! Glad it all went well.
September 26th, 2011, 11:05 AM
mom2moose
Wow. If you decide to have more kids, you better go to the hospital at the first contraction!! that was fast!!
January 11th, 2012, 08:59 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
he's so adorable! congratulations.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search