The Birth of Ashlyn Savannah

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Super Mommy
Well on thursday sept 8 i had my regular dr's appt which was good except that i had high bp during that appt. So my dr sent me over to the hospital which was right next to his office. For a nst test, blood work & a ultrasound. Everything turned out ok. So they sent me home after about 2hrs. but my dr ordered me to come back on sat for another nst test so i had a appt at 11:00 sat morn.
Well sat sept 10 came i got up at 8:00am i started to have contractions nothing to bad. I did laundry & sat down and was watching fantasia. My husband got up at 9:30am i told him i was having contractions. He asked how far apart which i didn't know cause i wasn't keeping track. So he started to track them they were coming four and half minutes apart. So he calls the dr's the dr on call tells him i need to come in to l&d. Well before we went i had him go to dunkins around the corner from our house to get dd hashbrowns while i was in the shower. When he got back i just got out of the shower. My contractions were getting worse. So we headed to the the hospital which is only 5-10min away from the house. when we got to the hospital my contractions were coming 2-3minutes apart and lasting a minute. We got to the hospital around 10:30am. They got me registered & started to give me the iv fluids & getting my blood drawn. So i could get my epidural. after about 3 hours i finally got my epidural. When they checked me at that point i was at 6cm. I could this feel my contractions but were not as bad as they were when i first came in. I didn't need the pitocin cause the epidural didn't stop my contractions. So then around 3:30 they checked me again and i was 9 1/2cm they said i had a lip on my side still so they turned me on my side. Then around 4:00 checked me again i still had the lip and the baby hadn't dropped yet. They turned me back on my side and my water broke. Then around 4:25pm they checked me again and i was fully dilated and the baby dropped. Then the dr came in & got the bed ready & he had me starting pushing during contractions. Then at 4:43pm Sept 10, 2011 my little angel made her appearance into this world weighing 5lbs 13oz 19inches. She is such a peanut. She is wearing preemie diapers still cause newborn are too big on her & newborn clothes float on her.
September 27th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! Sounds like things went really well.
September 29th, 2011, 07:02 AM
robinmichele87's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww congrats!! What a tiny little girl!
September 29th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Super Mommy
it was an easy labor and delivery but it was a hard pregnancy with the gd, bells palsy & then the high bp. My first dd was a easy pregnancy and hard birth.
January 11th, 2012, 11:41 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations! i'm glad you had a good birth!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search