Kaden Timothy Stephen

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2011, 05:51 PM
purplelady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
10/1/11
6lbs 2oz
19in
born @ 5:37am

after two days of contractions being 20-30 min apart, kaden finall decided it was time.
thursday i decided to try some labor tea. friday night at around 11:30 my contractions started coming every 10-15 min. by 12:30 they were every 5-7, and by 1:30 every 5min. so i called my midwife and she asked me to time them for another hour to hour and a half and call her back. but if they stated coming any closer than 3-4 min to call her right away. right after i hung up they started coming every 2-3 min. but i decided to wait an hour anyways. i called her back at 2:30 and then we headed out to the center. we got there at 3am and i was 2 almost 3 with a very bulgy bag of water. she offered to break my water then as mine has never broke on its own. but after some discussion we decided to wait an hour and see where i was after that. my contractions took a lot of concentration to get through, not at all like it was with rowan. they came fast and hard. when she checked me again i was at 4 and we decided to break my water as i was in a lot of pain and she wanted to get me in the tub. she left the room to call the other midwife and get some paper work ready. by this time the contractions where almost back to back and hurt so bad i thought for sure i had to be making some major progress. she came back at around 5:20 and i was still a four so she broke my water a few minutes later. and this is where it gets crazy. i felt his little head slam into place. my friend bean (the best labor support person i could ever ask for) and the midwife helped me up and we headed for the tub. i managed to get around the bed to the other bed post and had to stop. i stopped and looked at bean and said "oh god i have to push". my poor midwife had to run over drop to her knees and with one hand under me she frantically called the other midwife. once the contraction passed she told bean to get me to the tub quickly. i had maybe 3 more contractions and he was born. i was loud and it was very intense. basicly i went from 4 to him being born in 12 min, 5 min of active labor (4-10) and 7 min of pushing. he came so fast that my daughter almost missed it as she had fallen asleep. his little head didnt even have much of a chance to mold on its way out, so it stayed pretty round lol. the other midwife came in just after his head was out. we got to head home 2 and a half hours later.

mom to Tru(12), Rienn (8), Rowan (3) and twin angels: Valhalla grace & Kjartan michael 12-5-10 (due 6/20/11)
NFC west Division champions '04,'05,'06,'07
October 2nd, 2011, 06:09 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I LOVE IT! Not that it was so intense...but that you progressed so rapidly and had everyone scrambling. It seems that quite a few of us had late-labors that were like that. I progressed from a 4 to a 10 in an hour and I thought that was quick! You have me beat, big time!! Congrats again on your little man.
October 17th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Mom to Girls
wow, that was some fast progress. Glad it all went so good! Congrats!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the beautiful siggy
January 9th, 2012, 06:40 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations! great story. my three all came out fast with totally round heads, too. :-D
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search