Log In Sign Up

Kynslee's arrival

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2011, 02:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Western USA
Posts: 9,144
Short background leading up to birth.....
I started having high bp issues at about 36 1/2 weeks and by 37 weeks ordered modified bedrest. By 37 1/2 wks I was ordered full bedrest. At 38.2 my ob checked me and I was 1-2cm dilated and no contractions. She(ob) wanted to see me again in 4 days to scheduled me for induction at 39wks. I went in Monday (the 19th) at 38.5 and was almost 3 cm and still no contractions. OB said my body was for sure ready and that baby had dropped a lot. She stripped my membranes and told me I very well could go into labor on my own as my body was that ready, but she'd still schedule for an induction for Wednesday or Thursday. But..............

On Tuesday the 20th I was talking to DH and said "Hon, are you ready to have this baby?" He asks why and I say 'my water just broke'. It was about 1pm and so he hurried home from work. We got to the hospital at 3 and then into a waiting room to double check it was my water and then by about 3:40 in my own room. I still was having NO contractions - not even small ones. I walked for a while and then by 5:30 they checked again and still no contractions at all So, they started pit at 6pm and by 6:15 I had my first small contraction. I had a great nurse and labored as long as I could on my own. But, at 9:30 I finally said to start the epi. The nurse checked and I was already almost a 6! I was happy that I was progressing good. I got the epi in a little after 10pm. At about 10:10 I hear monitors going off and my see DH's eyes get big and then the nurse tells me "now, I'm going to put you on a little oxygen just take deep breaths". Of course I started getting worried..... Then 6 other nurses come racing into the room and doing all kinds of test and checking me out. And, I hear one say something about the OR and see them bring in a table. Now, I'm scared. DH is now by my side holding my hand and through the oxygen mask I'm telling him "Pray, Pray, Pray". After about 10mins - but what seemed like forever - things started to calm back down. Baby's heart rate had plunged really low suddenly but finally started going back up and a few of the nurses left. I started to relax a little but still worried. My nursed checked me again and says "I think I found our problem, She's dilated to a 9". I had went from a 6 to a 9 in less then 45 mins and baby dropped VERY low and that is what caused the sudden heart rate change. I was getting excited!! And, the epi felt great and I could no longer fill any contractions. By 11 my nurse said that I could probably start pushing in less then an hour. But, even though my body was ready they wanted me to try and relax (since I had the epi I now could) and keep baby stable for a while. So, I could have probably started pushing sooner, but they waited until about 12:45am or so before they said I could start pushing.

I started doing small pushes bit didn't feel the big urge to push for about 15 minutes. DH was the best support and helper I could have ever asked for. Whoever says the guy only holds the wife's hand is totally wrong. I think DH was sweating as much as me - lol!! He was holding my neck and pushing counter-pressure as well as holding one leg and putting pressure against me also. They called my doc and she arrived quickly. She says "I see hair". I got excited. I pushed for about 25 hard minutes but baby was still in same position. My ob started stretching me with each contraction and push, and boy oh boy..... was I ever in pain!! My epi wasn't doing what I thought it'd do and I felt pretty much everything now. Baby's head was a few inches out but she was stuck. With the next several pushes I would say "how do people do this natural?" and got good laughs out of the nurses and doctor but I really think the epi didn't help the stretching and baby girl being stuck. Finally my doc says If she doesn't come out with this push I'm going to have to do a small cut. Well.... Kynslee Lynn Raquelle Griffith must have heard that and came shooting out at 1:51am - less then an hours worth of hard pushing and my little girl was here safe and sound! Once she got past the skin that was holding her back she literally did shoot right out, and my placenta only came out within about 2 minutes. I could feel the placenta come out and my body just relax and gave a sigh and said that feels heavenly - and did it ever. I could finally relax and look at my precious bundle of joy. She weighed in at 6lbs 4oz and 19" long. She was so tiny and had a head full of hair. I did have a small 1st degree tear and had to have stitches. My ob says she thinks I went pretty natural because as much pain as was in she says she doesn't think the epi worked once I started hard pushing - so I'm proud of myself! And, only 7 1/2 hours after my contractions started I was holding my daughter. I thought for sure I'd have a longer labor, especially since I had NO contractions what so ever leading up to my water breaking. And, also I could have delivered about 1hour sooner if they didn't have me stop and relax.

I'm so grateful and thank the Lord for the safe arrival of our little girl and I couldn't be more excited. And, she has the most wonderful daddy. Daddy isn't wrapped around her finger -she has daddy wrapped around her whole body
Kynslee Lynn Raquelle 9/21/11
Quinton Drake 1/9/15
Reply With Quote
October 3rd, 2011, 03:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 1,153
Wonderful story. Congratulations!
Reply With Quote
January 12th, 2012, 06:17 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 19,640
congratulations. she is beautiful.
msjaQ- 28, pantheist AP detroit mama to:
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Reply With Quote
February 1st, 2012, 10:48 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Eagle, Idaho
Posts: 60,398
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
We are so opposite, contractions all the time for months, but my water has NEVER broken

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0