The Birth Story of Kaitlyn Jean

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2011, 07:45 AM
EricaLee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The Birth Story of Kaitlyn Jean

It was early morning on September 16th 2011 when I was scheduled to call into the hospital to see if they were able to accept us for our scheduled induction. I showered at 4:45am and at 5am we called. There were no beds available and we had to call back at 8am. We went back to sleep till 7am when we got up got ready and headed out into town so if they could accept us we would be right there. When were heading into town we called and they were still not able to take us and said to call back at noon. Matt, Madison and I went and had an Anniversary breakfast at Ihop!(It was our anniversary) From there we went and got Matt’s hair cut…. Then we just headed up to Trish’s house in hopes that they would be able to take us and we would already be where Madison was to be dropped off for our hospital stay. At 11:30 we called and they canceled our induction they had no room for anyone.

We headed out to Blockbuster to get some video games for a weekend of family fun! We were both off of work and we were going to hunker down and watch movies and play video games! While looking around in blockbuster I felt a warm wet feeling in my underwear. Matt was holding Madison and I looked over and said “I think my water just broke” He said “No way? Really?” So I went to the clerk and told her I needed to be able to use a restroom that I think my water had just broken. I went to pee and wiped and there was nothing strange just this small wet spot in my underwear. I figured I just peeded myself. I went to leave the restroom and Madison had to pee so I took her into the stall and while bending over more fluid came out… I told Matt he had to help her finish, that I was just about positive my water broke! I shoved paper towels in my underwear and we quickly checked out and headed to the car. I called one of my best friends Jamie and told her what was going on… now I was starting to get excited! I drove (still not sure why, LOL) up to Trish’s house to drop off Madison, we were going to just head to the Doctor’s office so I could get the fluid checked to see if was in fact my water. When I got out the car to hug Madison bye there was a gush…. No doubt at that moment my water was broken and leaking out pretty bad. Matt got a towel from Trish, I kissed my first born baby girl and we headed to the hospital. On the way we did call Kim, Jessica, and Texted my Mom and Matt’s parents despite our original plan to not tell anyone, we were too excited! I got to go into labor on my own!!

So we arrive at the hospital and head upstairs to L&D at a little after 1pm. There were no rooms available so they put me in a wheelchair and Matt and I sat in the hallway for about 15 minutes. Then a nurse came and got us and brought me to a shared triage room. There were 2 beds and curtains separating the 2 and the Dads were not allowed. Matt went to the waiting room and I got undressed and set up in my bed. The nurse swabbed me to confirm if my water had broken, she also checked me and said she could feel there was not bag of water and I was at 3cm, this was at about 1:40pm. I sat and watched some TV listened to them prep my neighbor for a c-section and just waited. The nurse came back and confirmed my water had broken, so now I was just waiting on a room. The nurse asked both me and my neighbor if we minded each others husbands being in the room, so Matt got to come in. I was having a tiny bit of discomfort but nothing to write home about.

At about 4:30pm my room came open! So off we went! I got all set up in the room and my midwife came in to check me. I was still at 3cm and 70%(I had been here for weeks) she pulled out a hook and I freaked! I asked what that was for and she said I had another bag of water…. I don’t think it was the hook that hurt more than how far up she had to go with her hands to check me, needless to say that was unpleasant. My bag of water was broken at 4:35. We relaxed and just waited they started the pitocin. By 6:30 I was in pain, the contractions were starting and they HURT! I was given a shot for the pain. I slept. I woke up at an unknown time and was in AWFUL pain, holy cow this was what labor felt like! They were so busy at the hospital I was 3rd in line for my epi so I breathed, cried, yelled, moaned, and tossed and turned for what I think was an hour to an hour and a half. The anesthesiologist arrived and I was a babbling mess, I received my epi at 8:21pm. My midwife checked me and I was at 5cm at 8:37pm she told me that I was to stop laying on my back in the same position and I was to turn every 10 minutes to get this baby out before midnight! This didn’t make my nurse too happy since she had to adjust my monitors with every roll. BUT IT WORKED! She checked me at 9:05pm and I was 8cm so it was time for them to prepare the room! At 9:08 I was put on O2 because the baby’s heart rate was being funky. Then at 9:12 it was the last time they checked me I was 9cm and 100% it was time to roll! The midwife was called out by a nurse that said there were 2 others ready to push too! She ran out really fast checked the other 2 and came back in and said I was the closest to start pushing. I pushed 4 or 5 times and Kaitlyn was here! It was 920pm… My midwife had me reach down and pull her out, for sure not something I had ever planned on doing but was glad I did. I pulled Kaitlyn out onto my chest and was so happy to meet my 2nd little girl! I was quite a bit in shock since it wall went so fast. The midwife didn’t have time to detach us and deliver the placenta she had to go deliver the other 2. Now that I sit and look back I am so grateful and happy that we got those 15-20 minutes with just us and our new little girl, no one touched her, just us, just 20 minutes of priceless bonding time with our new little girl, it was amazing and I am grateful beyond words for it. The midwife then returned and fished up both of us. They had a bit of a hard time with me as I wouldn’t stop bleeding but I was fine. This is where the shaking set in; I started to shake so so bad. I was coming off of the epi, I hadn’t eaten in 12 hours, I has spiked a tiny fever and I was in shock form it all going so fast. Matt and Kaitlyn headed to the nursery for her to see the Doctor and I got prepared to head to post partum.

I was up and walking to the bathroom by 10:30pm, I was very proud of this. My epi was so wonderful, I had felt not one bit of pain, NONE, but I had full control of movement so getting up and walking was easy for me and this I was so thrilled about! I got all of our stuff packed up and off I went, but not to post partum, there was no room for me. We got a room in the pediatric ward where I sat and waited for my family to return while I was shaking something fierce. The nursery was busy that night, they delivered 3 of us with in 15 minutes and there were 15 babies born that day, and they were still coming. At 12:30am Matt and Kaitlyn returned, she was asleep and so beautiful! Matt headed out to grab us some McDonalds we ate and at 1am my shaking stopped and we all passed out. My little girl woke at 4 am while Matt snoozed away I managed to get her from her bassinet with the help of a nurse that was checking on us and I changed her first diaper and nursed her… it was right then that it set in, the shock wore off and in a delayed yet wonderful moment I realized she was here, my beautiful baby girl that I waited so impatiently for was finally here, she was perfect, beautiful and I loved her so much. After she finished I laid her back down and off to sleep I went as a brand new family of four. Simply amazing.

Big time thanks to jmmysterymaker for my WONDERFUL siggie!

Last edited by EricaLee; October 7th, 2011 at 10:29 AM.
October 7th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Beautiful birth story!! congratulations!

October 7th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wonderful story! Glad everything went so well for you and you didn't have to be induced. Congrats!
October 10th, 2011, 01:32 PM
EricaLee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Ladies! I couldn't be happier all worked out great!

Big time thanks to jmmysterymaker for my WONDERFUL siggie!

January 12th, 2012, 06:52 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congrats! i'm glad you had such a good experience!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search