Bentley Andrew's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2011, 01:54 PM
MommyShan's Avatar Super Mommy
After several episodes of very regular braxton hicks contractions, and watching my "due date" come and go, I was feeling very discouraged. I knew it would happen soon but the not knowing when was killing me!

I woke up at about 4 am on the morning of Sept 30th (2 days after my due date) with crampy contractions. With the braxton hicks I had experienced previously they were coming regularly (every 3-5 minutes for hours on end) but never got to the point where they were very uncomfortable. When I woke up this morning they were very uncomfortable and I knew without a doubt that they were real. I laid in bed for about an hour timing them and waiting for what I felt was the right time to head into the hospital. My previous labor was VERY quick once my water broke so I was torn between not wanting to be at the hospital too soon and wanting to make sure I actually MADE it to the hospital.

Around 5 am my DH got up to get ready for work. I got up with him, told him I was having contractions and we needed to head to the hospital soon. I texted my friend who was coming over to stay with my girls and she came right over. I woke them up to tell them we were headed to the hospital and then we took off.

It was 6 am when we arrived at the hospital. I was only dilated to 2 but contractions were coming closer and were more painful. I expected that I wouldn't be dilated too much, again based on my last experience. At about 7 they checked again and I was 3; enough change for them to admit me. Shortly after we got to our room, they had a shift change and my new nurse was brought in. My nurse, Traci, happens to be someone that I know and was very glad to have her as my nurse. (I work at this same hospital.)

Around 9 am I decided that I wanted to get an epidural. For some reason it took forever to get the anesthesiologist paged and down to my room, so it was about 10:30-11 by the time I was pain free. I was numb and loving it for a short period of time before I started to feel very strong pressure. My water had broken right before I got the epidural. It was funny because after I got the epidural I was so numb I couldn't feel the contractions but during every contraction a gush of water would come out... so I knew I was having them!

My midwife came back in when I said I was feeling pressure; I was 7 cm. A few minutes later I told her I felt like I needed to push; she checked and I was at 10. It was such a relaxed atmosphere, just my DH and I, my midwife and my nurse. We were all chatting away about random things until I'd feel the need to push, I'd push as much as I could and then conversation would resume.

I pushed for 16 minutes. Bentley was placed directly on my stomach and cleaned off. DH cut the cord. It was absolutely perfect... exactly how I hoped my labor and delivery would go. Bentley Andrew was born at 11:37 on Sept 30th weighing 8 lbs 4 oz and 21.5" long. Perfectly healthy baby boy!

October 11th, 2011, 07:05 PM
EricaLee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Big time thanks to jmmysterymaker for my WONDERFUL siggie!

October 15th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, great story. Congratulations!
January 12th, 2012, 06:56 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congrats on your gorgeous little guy. glad things went so well for you!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search