Blaine's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 12th, 2011, 10:17 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
We went into the hospital at 7:30 am (yeah, late, of course) Soon as we were admited, they got me changed into the lovely hospital gown and hooked up the monitors. They had the IV, antibiotics for GBS and the potocin all started by 8:30 am. The monitor said I was contracting between 2-5 minutes apart, but they were not strong at all. At that time I was 2 cm dilated, 50% effaced, very soft but baby was still up high. Logan and I did a lot of walking up and down the hall, trying to get Baby B to drop. I even tried sitting ont he big ball.. Wasnt working though. OB decided to break my water. I cant remember when she did, how far dilated or the time.. But she did it. Also we had problems with my IV. It was leaking fluids and the nurse had to fix it, which in turn made my vein collapse. I ended up being poked 3 more times before she was able to find a vein that handled the IV tube. Ouch!

Finally at 1:30 pm, I was 4 cm dilated and contractions were getting stronger. I was hoping it wouldnt be much longer. I was also scared to get the epidural to soon and have it stall my labor out. So I kept putting it off as much as I could. Nurse checked me again at 3:15 and I was between 4-5 cm dilated. It wasnt long after that that I asked for the epidural. The contractions were much stronger and I was to 5 cm, I felt it was an ok time to get the epi. The process of getting the epidural was horrific this time around. The anesthesiologist has me slumped over, was rubbing on my sides and then feeling my back for the correct place to insert the needle.. He finally found the spot, cleaned and prepped my back and gave me the numbing shots. What followed hurt so bad. Logan says he put the needle in and then pulled it out a little and was like trying to make it go into a different spot. Basically digging around in my spine for the correct spot to put the epi tube. He ended up pulling the whole thing out and starting over in a different spot. There isnt much that makes me cry.. I handle pain VERY well but getting the epidural was more then I could handle.. I fought back the tears the best I could. FIANLLY he was done and it was in. Once it was in and the drip started, it was heaven!

I think I finally got to fall asleep at some point, but it wasnt for very long. Around 6:00 pm, I told my nurse that I was for sure feeling pressure in my butt and it wasnt going away. She asked if I wanted her to check me. She did and I was still only 7-8 cm. Progress!! Some time closer to 7:00 I told her the pressure was getting way more. She asked if I wanted her to get my Ob and I told her it was probably a good idea. Of course it took my Ob a while to get to my room. (seemed like forever) By they time she got there I had lost the pressure feeling. She waited around and in only a few minutes it was time to push. I'd say that we started pushing at about 7:15, 3 contractions later and Blaine was born.

He was born at 7:24 pm a healthy 8 lb 3 oz, 21 inches long. He is VERY mellow and hardly cries. I also didnt tare or have to be cut or anything! Oh and I felt WAY WAY more this time around. They must have turned my epi off sooner or something because the pressure was more then pressure. I didnt have that "burning ring of fire" everyone always talks about, but man oh man I felt loads more with this little guy! I could actually feel his head coming out, then his shoulders and body. I do not remember feeling any of that with the other two. It was a great experience.

Add this to another super easy birth to my 3-0 record! Woot!

It seems like Im missing details. I dont feel like I documented his delivery as well as I did with the other two (through texts/fb/or on the message boards)

ETA: Our night in the hospital was good! I didnt get much sleep but it didnt really bother me. I was very happy to be with my little one. The hospital bed was terribly uncomfortable though. He is very mellow and quiet and also sleeps great so far. Oh and we are breast feeding. Im in tons of pain from engorgement and since he sleeps a lot, I have to wake him to eat. So far, everything is going great!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy

Last edited by RobinX02; October 12th, 2011 at 10:30 PM.
October 13th, 2011, 07:19 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Awww! I was waiting to hear about his arrival. So glad it was easy for you and that he is a good baby Congrats, he is a cutie.
October 13th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
congrats! Sounds like it was a great delivery.

October 17th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Mom to Girls
Im so glad it was an easy delivery for you. Though I'm sorry about the pain with the epidural, I've never had any pain with that, so I can't imagine.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the beautiful siggy
January 9th, 2012, 06:37 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations, he's adorable!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search