Alice Mae born @ 39wks

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2011, 07:01 PM
PointDefiance's Avatar Pooka + One!
I started having contractions related to dehydration and anemia @ 35 weeks. So, most the L&D nurses were getting to know me.

On Monday evening after feeding horses and grocery shopping I was starting to get contractions closer together @ around 8pm and luckily my OB was the on call and had me come in around 10:15pm

I was 3cm dilated when I got there, they put me in the big room, which was the size of two regular rooms and the only one in the whole Childbirth Center like it. They had me walk for 45 minutes to see if I progressed to 4cm and they told me either

A) I could go home and labour some more and come back or...
B) She could break my water and get the baby going sooner.

I voted B.

So they admitted me, and my OB came in and broke my water with what looked like a piece of sterile wall molding. O_o Which I then proceeded to feel like I was peeing myself. This was at about midnight that night... About 1:30 am when I was almost in tears from the contractions I asked for the epi. Which afterwards I wanted to sleep, but was too excited. lol

Around 2:30am the nurse checked my cervix and it was at 5cm so they started me on pitocin and after hardly any progression at 4:30 am they turned it up to 4.

Around 6:30am my cervix was at 7cm... so they said to go ahead and have my parents come up [they live about 45 minutes away] and it would be somewhere between 2 and 8 hours before I had the baby... small gap to fill there.

My parents arrived around 8:30am that morning, and as happy as I was to see them I was pretty tired too. After about a half hour of visiting they wanted to check my cervix again and it was 10cm 100% something... and +2? something else... lol

My OB was in a c-section but seeing as I was on an epi, the nurse wanted to see how my pushes were... around 9:30am... My OB arrived and we really started pushing, she said she could feel her head and DH saw it... She was shooting for her to arrive at 10:11am on 10.11.2011... but we missed that so at 10:29am Alice entered the world, and she was perfect. She was 7lbs 5oz and 18 1/2 inches long. She got a 9 out of 9 on her Apgars.

After delivering Alice, my OB struggled to deliver the placenta, which usually, apparently comes out in one big piece? Mine broke apart... so she had to dig around and pull out clumps of placenta and make sure it was all detached... then she couldn't figure out where all the bleeding was coming from, then somehow I tore my cervix during labour? Which I didnt know could happen =S So they had to stitch me up in there, which took about 45 minutes or maybe longer... and I had an episomity so I had to get that stitched up too...

Luckily there apparently arent many nerves in your cervix so I dont feel any pain from it, just some bleeding I guess.

Yep, there's our birth story from a FTM =]
October 17th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Mom to Girls
I'm glad Alice finally decided it was time. You went thru so many trips to L&D with her. But in the end all worth it!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the beautiful siggy
October 19th, 2011, 01:03 PM
expecting #5
Thank you for sharing!!! =)

January 9th, 2012, 05:01 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations! thanks for sharing.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search