Julia Rose has arrived - super long!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So here is my birth story:

I was 38 weeks on Wednesday. I went to the doc on Thursday and was 3 cm. She stripped my membranes, but I wasn't very hopeful because I had this done with DS and it didn't do anything. It had been a stressful week because my hubby had been admitted to the hospital on Tuesday with pancreatitus and so I had missed work to be with him. He was discharged on Thursday, right after my appointment, and we went home.

Thursday night I was up all night with contractions. At one point they were about 3-5 minutes apart, so I took a warm bath. I was able to lay down at around 2 in the morning and got a couple hours sleep. I was so tired in the morning that I decided to call in to work. I also knew I needed to stay home because my hubby was still sick.

I had contractions off and on during Friday. They were painful, but little did I know - these were nothing! Friday night I was still having quite a few so I headed to labor and delivery. My mom had to drive me because my hubby was still to sick to drive. I got there and was still a 3 cm. Contractions were barely showing up on the monitor. I walked for an hour, was a "stretchy" 3 cm, so I was sent home. I decided to take a benadryl and just try to sleep.

I woke up to a super painful contraction around 1 am. It was 10 times more painful than what I had felt the day before. I had to get out of bed and "sway" through it. I laid back down. This happened every hour until 5 am. I would sleep for an hour, and then have one bad contraction, and lay back down. At 5:30 I had another one, and at 6:00 am they picked up to about every 10 minutes. I got in the tub and it didn't help. They were coming about every 5 minutes.

So I took a shower and got dressed. By this time it was about 8 am. They were coming every 3-5 minutes and I was moaning through them. I was afraid to go to the hospital because I didn't want to be sent home again!

At 8:30 we headed to the hospital. The 30 minute drive was hell! At one point I got out of the front seat at a stop light and got into the back so I could be on my hands and knees to try and manage the pain. Hubby even asked to go through a drive through and I yelled a big fat no!

When we got there I was checked and was 4 cm but fully effaced. I asked for the epidural, and they started the IV. It was so hard to sit on the bed on the monitors while having contractions. I got the epidural and was checked - I was a 5.

An hour later I was checked again and was 6-7. I was relaxed, chatting with family and having a good time. 30 minutes later the nurses come in and ask if I was having pressure. I wasn't really, but they explained that it looked like baby was completely descended because of a slightly lower heartbeat. I was checked and was complete!

We had to wait for the doc. After 15 minutes, she called and said there was a fatal car accident on the main road in front of the hospital and she was being rerouted. I said I could wait because I was comfortable and I didn't want the house doc to deliver.

She got there, put up a mirror and I pushed one time! Julia Rose arrived at 1:25 wieghing 7 lbs 1 oz and 19 1/4 inches. It was a breeze (once I got the epidural). I guess while waiting for the doc, my body naturally pushed her further down so I literally only pushed once.

We are faithfully doing breastfeeding and praying it goes better than it did with DS. I am so happy that my family is complete!

Here are a few pics:

October 16th, 2011, 06:28 PM
nartist's Avatar baby2
Wow, i hope mine goes that smoothly. Congrats she is georgous and u look fantastic! Good job mama. Stay well and kup on how ur both doing.

Thanks KILIKI for my siggy!
October 16th, 2011, 06:31 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
That's crazy and i'm glad that once you got the epidural it was really easy. She is absolutely precious.

October 16th, 2011, 06:47 PM
cydonia1978's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She's beautiful!!

October 16th, 2011, 06:48 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Congratulations, Laura!!! I am so happy for you! I hope that my labor progresses just as quickly this time. Julia is GORGEOUS!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
October 16th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Veteran
CONGRATS!! She is so cute!! Glad everything went so smooth!
October 16th, 2011, 06:58 PM
promises1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You look great and Julia looks like an angel! Congrats on your new addition

October 16th, 2011, 07:17 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She is so beautiful and look awesome also! Can't believe you just gave birth! I hope BFing keeps going well for you guys.

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
October 16th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
She is so wonderful Laura! Congrats Mama...I am tearing up b/c I remember all our JM PM's to each other about all of this..and now your precious love is here, and your family is now complete. God Bless!!!!

October 16th, 2011, 08:05 PM
ashleyjo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!! She is gorgeous and you look great!!!

October 16th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Meganpixel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
she is gorg!! congrats Laura!!
October 16th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Leffew's Avatar is baking!
Congrats Laura! She is precious!!!

<--- again!
October 16th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! What a little cutie you've got there And you're awesome for biting through all that and staying at home for so long.

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

October 16th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's awesome! Congrats, she's beautiful
October 17th, 2011, 02:35 AM
j_lynn's Avatar Veteran
Wow, congratulations! She's adorable. You've got a beautiful family!
October 17th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Kit Kat's Avatar Photoshop Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to Kit Kat
Congratulations again, Laura! She's absolutely beautiful. I'm glad labor and delivery went so smoothly for you!

October 17th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay!! our first birthstory! She's precious!!!

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

October 17th, 2011, 10:51 AM
*Tracy*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congrats she is beautiful

October 17th, 2011, 10:54 AM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You look so good!!!

I hope mine goes as fast as yours, but doubt it will!

She's so beautiful!!!!

October 17th, 2011, 11:57 AM
SouthernMamaBri's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to SouthernMamaBri Send a message via MSN to SouthernMamaBri Send a message via Skype™ to SouthernMamaBri
Congrats Laura! She is beautiful.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my AMAZING siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search