Lennon's birth story *tramatic birth ment*

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
Lennon was born on Oct 17th at 921am. She was 8lbs 8oz and 20" long. It was a repeat c-section. I figured it would be a piece of cake since I knew what to expect. Well things didn't go as planned. Baby came out fine, but once my OB went to take the placenta out I started bleeding. They estimated I lost 1500cc of blood and was boarder anemic to begin with. They ordered up blood but didn't end up giving me it. I was trying to process the whole them ordering up the blood, they had taken DH and DD out of the OR at this point, when I heard my OB ask the assisting nurse if she'd ever assisted with a hysterectomy. The nurse said "Yes, and I'm ready if you are." I about lost it at this point. My anesthesiologist was great and kept talking to me to distract me and to calm me down. My OB told the nurse that she wasn't ready to give up, but was giving it 5 more minutes before she'd consider it. She knows we want more kids. Well she ended up finding the bleed not long after. But when she closed up she used staples instead of her normal stitches just in case she needed to go back in. I had a lot of pain from the staples. They came out yesterday and we found out why I was in so much pain. Somehow some of them got twisted.

The OB also made mention my uterus was paper thin, so any more pregnancies I'll be even higher risk. I googled and talked to my L&D friend, and will be talking to my OB at my 6 week. But from the looks of it having a huge baby first (he was 10lbs 9oz and 21" long) then getting pregnant again when he was 9 months and having a larger second baby could have caused the thinning. We want more kids but not for about 4-5 years. Yes I'll be advanced maternal age then (I'm 29 now) but even after talking to my friend she said that time may give my body enough time to heal.

OK onto squishy pictures

DS wasn't sure at first, but now that we are home he's warming up to the idea.

First car seat picture. DH put her in and got it all ready. The nurse was impressed.

made by BAM

October 27th, 2011, 08:26 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Wow...she is so dark!! I mean compared your blond-fair little man. I love her gorgeous hair

So sorry her birth was so traumatic...I think hearing hysterectomy while strapped to a table, bleeding, would completely freak anyone out. I am glad that it did not end up being needed!! I would def give your body some healing time.
October 31st, 2011, 09:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry your birth was traumatic... I totally would have freaked out if I heard hysterectomy, too, and I'm not even planning on having more kids. I was a little worried about that when they took me for my d&c for retained placenta. I'm glad they got the bleeding stopped and hope you have an uneventful pregnancy in the future. And, hey, in 4-5 years you will not be advance maternal age! LOL I had dd#2 just before I turned 29, and then waited for 8 years to have dd#3, which did put me at "advanced maternal age" but my pregnancy was relatively uneventful.

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
January 8th, 2012, 08:21 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations! your kids are beautiful!
i'm sorry things didn't go as planned, but glad to here they didn't need to do the hysterectomy.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search