welcome to the world <3 Eden Anne <3 *added pics*

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 28th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, I thought I would be the forever pregnant woman & miss Eden just wanted to prove this mama wrong I very happily welcomed my little girl on October 25th, two days after her due date.

On Monday, the 24th, everything was going peachy & I had no signs of labor whatsoever. At this point I hadn't lost any of my mucus plug, I had random contractions here or there but it was nothing to write home about.

I did my normal thing, cleaned around the house & just hung out with Logan while DH worked. I sent DH a text around 2 or 3pm saying that I felt a little off, that I was all of a sudden contracting here or there (still hours apart though). DH got home from work around 7 & they were starting to pick up a little bit, still not painful though so I figured they would die off.

I started timing them & they were anywhere from 10-12 minutes apart, just barely uncomfortable. I bounced on the birthing ball thinking it would progress me, but it made it to where I could no longer feel the contractions at all so I stopped. I had several BM's back to back within an hour or so & I'm almost certain that is what picked up the progress. While I was in the restroom they would come every 2-3 minutes lasting a minute, but once I was done they would range every 5-7 minutes.

We did our normal nightly routine with Logan & got him in bed. At this point I thought that things might actually be rolling so I started packing bags & getting everything together. We called my mom & FIL to let them in on what was going on (mom was going to be in the room & FIL was staying at our house with Logan). All of a sudden at 2am, after several more BM's, I told DH that we needed to start getting things together.

FIL got to our house around 3am & we left. We got to the hospital around 3:30am & checked in. I got into triage & was 4.5cm. We sat there for roughly 2 hours while waiting for them to get a room together (SO annoying, totally planning my next birth at home or at a birth center!) While in triage they gave me an IV to keep my fluids up since I was #2ing like a mad woman all night We got to our room at 5:30am & I was 7.5cm. I labored facing the back of the bed in a squat, rocking back & forth while DH dug in my back.

Around 6:30am I felt like I needed to push, they checked me & I was an 8. MISERABLE I tell you, I thought I was going to die having to get to a 10 without pushing at this point because the urge was so strong. Continued to labor & felt a strong urge to push again around 7:15-7:20am. They checked & I was a 9 with a bulging bag. I asked them to break it, in hopes things would go quicker. 5 minutes later I was screaming "I'M PUSHING!!!" (with or without their approval, haha) They checked & thankfully I was complete.

They broke the bed down & 5 minutes (& 4-5 pushes later) our beautiful baby girl arrived. I'm not going to lie, I sounded like the lady off of knocked up screaming my baby out, haha.

They put her on my stomach so I could see her while we waited for the cord to stop pulsating so DH could cut it. She was perfect, rolly & had the sweetest chubby cheeks ever! I expected her to look like Logan, but to my surprise she didn't much.

After I rubbed all over her & snuggled her in amazement they took her to be weighed. She had 8 of 9 & 9 of 9 apgars. When they weighed her I heard my mom & DH crack up. DH goes, "babe, Eden was huge!" haha.

& he was right! 9lbs 1.5oz of perfect chunky baby no wonder she looked so rolly I couldn't believe that I was able to push out such a large baby med free!!

She is perfect as can be & we all are smitten with her, especially the big brother.

Here are all of her stats together:
Eden Anne Winters
born on Tuesday, October 25th
7:40am
9lbs. 1.5oz
21" long

thanks for reading!

Last edited by love.our.logan579; October 29th, 2011 at 01:52 PM.
October 28th, 2011, 08:27 PM
mcfly's Avatar Lil' Old Lady In Training
Lurking from the January DDC here. What a great story! I'm so glad your experience was so good and your little girl finally decided to make her entrance. I can't wait to see pictures.

January 8th, 2012, 08:42 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations on your precious little girl!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search