Blake's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 29th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Stefanie1023's Avatar Super Mommy
I had my 40 week appt on my due date 10/25 and had my membranes stripped and we talked about inducing me that same week since I was 4 cm and ready to go (and I was induced the first time and had a great experience). I had a few random contractions during the day, but by that night they were 5-8 minutes apart, but still nothing more than uncomfortable. They never intensified and I finally fell asleep at 3am and they had stopped. The next morning I was grocery shopping with my mom and DD (my mom had been camping out with me for the past few nights in the event things started to happen)!!, and I was feeling a little defeated that the contractions were gone and I felt really good. I got a call from my doctor at 10:30 telling me that labor and delivery wanted me to call because they wanted me to come in that same day! I was shocked and told them I'd be there in about 2 hours. We ate lunch, packed, and drove to the hospital. At 2pm I was ready to go and the doctor came in to begin. To my surprise I was already 6cm and starting to have contractions on my own so she just broke my water. There was meconium so she explained that the NICU team would be there for delivery. I got an epidural right away because the anesthesiologist was already on the floor and I didn't want to miss him! My contractions were not bad, and they checked me at 5pm and I was still only 6cm, so I was a little disappointed thinking it was going to go fast this time. They started Pitocin at 5pm and at 5:50 the baby's heartrate was dipping to 60 and not recovering fast enough. My nurse checked me and I was already 10cm so the doctor rushed in and we started to push. Three contractions later at 6:07pm she was out! She weighed 7 pound 5 ounces and was 20 inches long. Her cord was wrapped around her neck so they took her right away to assess her and clean her up. After about 20 minutes I finally got to hold her. She looks a lot like DD #1 and is incredible! Once we were there for 24 hours we asked to be discharged so we came home the next night. So far it has been a great experience and I hope it continues this way!

Thank you Cavewoman for my beautiful siggy!

October 31st, 2011, 09:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What a great story, and what a beautiful picture!

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
November 2nd, 2011, 12:41 PM
Stefanie1023's Avatar Super Mommy
Thank you!!

Thank you Cavewoman for my beautiful siggy!

January 8th, 2012, 08:14 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations! she is beautiful.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search