Rowan's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 2nd, 2011, 04:55 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
So for the week before I had been feeling like something was going to happen, but I just figured it was me being anxious. I had a doctors appointment on the 18th and I was 2-2 1/2cm and still about 70% effaced. Starting friday I started having more contractions and had been doing a lot of errands so I was walking around a bit. Saturday I was suppose to go to a halloween party but since I felt really off decided against it since it was 1/2 hour away from my hospital. On Sunday my dh was off of work and we decided to get some food and I wanted to buy a bunch of groceries so I could make food when the baby came.

Dinner went well though I was uncomfortable (and kind of annoyed at the people next to us because the husband kept talking to Darcy and she was not feeling it). We went to Sams Club next and I left them to go to the bathroom but when I came back I started being in a lot of pain, and kind of doubled over for a bit and just leaned on the shopping cart while I waited on dh to get back from the bathroom. We left there pretty quickly and finished grocery shopping and by then I was getting really uncomfortable and decided while driving home that I would go up there alone and just get checked out. We even joked how funny it would be if it really was time.

So I called and headed up there, got checked into triage and the nurse checked me right away and said I was a good 4-5cm a little after 8pm. This is exactly how it happened with Darcy and she said if things kept going then I would definitely be admitted so I called dh and my mom to let her know what was going on so we had plans for Darcy. Thank God it was a Sunday and she wasn't working that night or we'd be screwed. The on call came in awhile later and checked me and said I was a 5 so they started getting a room ready. I ended up getting the room right across from the one I delivered Darcy. By 11pm I was at 6-7cm, had my epidural (which hurt a lot more this time!) and had my water broken. With Darcy it was only a small gush but this time I completely soaked the bed and my poor doctor. By 1:30am I was close to 8 and they started pitocin to try and get the contractions more regular. 2:30am I was at 9 and had started getting really uncomfortable so I had them add some more to my epidural. I was complete not too long after that and they had me do a practice push and the nurse told me to stop pretty quickly. Soon they were getting ready and after 2 big pushes and 1-2 small ones Rowan was born! She was 7lbs 8oz and 20 inches long which surprised me for being 3-3 1/2 weeks early.

Just born:

With her big sister:

About to go home from the hospital:

November 2nd, 2011, 10:16 AM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lovely birth story And the pictures are just too cute!

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

November 2nd, 2011, 11:48 AM
leela57's Avatar ~Holly~
Great story! Congrats!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
November 2nd, 2011, 09:16 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
She's beautiful! Congratulations!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
November 3rd, 2011, 12:54 PM
promises1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You make beautiful babies! Love the pictures. Congrats

November 3rd, 2011, 06:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
congrats!
January 6th, 2012, 03:57 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations! what a little doll.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

April 22nd, 2012, 11:11 AM
so precious!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search