Jaevyan's Adventurous Arrival (Pics Included)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2011, 01:33 PM
SouthernMamaBri's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to SouthernMamaBri Send a message via MSN to SouthernMamaBri Send a message via Skype™ to SouthernMamaBri
I was set to be induced on Sunday night at 6. I was done being pregnant at that point. So as I was getting everything prepared to head off to the hospital my water broke. On the day that I am set to be induced I figured he'd decide to come. So we head off to hospital and I'm 35 minutes late of course because I couldn't stand that icky feeling so I had to shower and change. On the way to the hospital my contractions were coming about 8-10 minutes apart. Once I arrive at the hospital I'm checked and only 2 cm still. I'm placed on the monitors and Jae wasn't being as reactive as they would have liked so they held off inserting the cervadil until 10pm. Once they inserted the cervadil I was feeling okay. A little crampy after about an hour of it being inserted but nothing major.

Jae started to have a few decels in his heart rate. At this point they were talking about doing a c-section if it happened again so around 3:30am they removed the cervadil. At this point I had started to have regular contractions at about 5-6 minutes apart. They were bearable at this point still. They were supposed to start pitocin at 5:30am but didn't start it until around 6:30am. At 7:30am I was asking for pain medication. I know I said I was doing it all natural but I was having the worst back labor and I just couldn't stand it. At 8:30am I was checked again and I was only 4cm dilated. Wow! All of this pain and still barely any change.

I was having contractions one on top of the other by 9am and I was begging for the epidural. I didn't know what to expect. All I know is that I wanted pain relief and fast. I received my epidural at about 9:30am and I was able to take a short nap. I woke up around 10:30 feeling a lot of pressure and I called the nurse and was checked and guess what I was fully dilated. I wanted to start pushing but of course my dr wasn't there so we had to wait. It took him about 15 minutes to get there and boy those were the longest 15 minutes ever.

I started pushing around 10:45am. I pushed his head out but was having a little trouble with his shoulders and the rest of his body. I was pushing and a nurse literally stood on a step stool and placed her elbow at the top of my stomach pressed down and told me to push hard. I pushed with everything I had while she moved him on down and out with her elbow. At 11:07 am on October 31, 2011, Jaevyan Lee was born weighing 10lbs 6oz and was 20.5 inches long.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my AMAZING siggie!
November 3rd, 2011, 03:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Aww he's adorable!!! Welcome to the world Jaevyan!! Congratulations momma!!!

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

November 3rd, 2011, 03:51 PM
Veteran
Omg he is so cute!! Congrats Mommy! 10 lbs 6 oz WOW your one strong momma
November 3rd, 2011, 05:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
congrats!
November 3rd, 2011, 09:40 PM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just so cute! Congrats!

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

November 4th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Carey
Congratulations on the birth of your little boy. He is just angelic looking. And don't feel bad about deciding to have pain meds. They were invented for a very good reason! No matter how it happened, you got a beautiful, healthy baby out of the deal.

November 10th, 2011, 08:17 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Congratulations! Pit is some nasty stuff--I don't blame you for wanting pain meds! You did awesome, and he is so freakin adorable! Look at those cheeks---I wanna squeeze 'em!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
January 6th, 2012, 03:22 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
wow, some big babies in this DDC/PR.
congratulations on your gorgeous new addition!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search