Brock Robert

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 12th, 2011, 05:33 PM
ashleyjo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Brock Robert
11.7.11 8:49 am
9lb 2 oz 21.5 inches

On Sunday, November 6, I was having contractions for most of the day.. They were painful in the evening and were becoming more frequent, roughly 5-8 minutes apart. I called up to labor & delivery around 9:30 pm and they said to take a bath, lay down and drink a bunch of water. If things still felt bad, then to come to L&D.. I laid down and drank some water, and contractions were still coming but sporadically.. They were every 10 or so minutes.. So, around midnightish Colin woke up crying, so I went in, got him back to sleep and continued to have to breathe through contractions. Around 3:30 the contractions weren't quitting, and I was thinking maybe this was "it".. So, I texted my mom and told her that I was going to wake up my husband to go get checked at the hospital. So she came over, I woke up my husband and told him I wanted to head to the hospital.. He got up, took a quick shower, loaded up our stuff and off we went. We got to the hospital around 4 and the Dr. that was there was just about to go off call because it was Monday morning. So my nurse (whom I go to church with.. ) came in and said "Dr. Scott wants me to check you post haste to see if HE can leave or not.." She checked me and said "well, you're a good four, let's head over to a room!" You could see the dr's face fall.. Haha,, with just a couple hours of call left to go, someone comes in in labor. Haha. So, around 4:30-5 he broke my water and said that if I didn't start having more frequent contractions that they could start pitocin to get things going more steadily. So, I hung out in bed for a while, got up and rocked in the rocking chair.. My contractions were about every five minutes apart, so they started pitocin around 6-630.. At 7am was shift change and my nurse, Janine came in. She was there when Colin was born & she was there the previous Friday when my sister in law had her baby! So anyway, she checked me around 7:30 and said I was a 6! Woohoo! Things were floating along! Around 8ish MY ob came in and checked me and said I was a good 7. I started getting a little panicky here because I knew time was running out for the epi, but I still was doing okay with contractions. So, another 20 minutes or so and he checked me again, I was an 8.. Things were kind of flying.. So, the panic really set in.. Around 8:20-8:30 I started pushing. The pain/pressure was the most intense thing I've ever felt in my life.. I kept screaming-- I was totally awful. Between contractions I kept telling myself to shut up, and stop the screaming, but then I'd start pushing again and the screaming just kept happening.. :\ The ring of fire was the worst, and I just kept yelling "get him out, get him out!" Finally at 8:49 Brock Robert came screaming into the world with a full head of blonde blonde hair! He weighed 9lb 2oz and at first he looked EXACTLY like his big brother! He's such a sweet content baby and really only cries when is hungry.. His big brother is a fan of him and is always asking "hold it, hold it" wanting to hold him.

November 12th, 2011, 06:11 PM
leela57's Avatar ~Holly~
great story, ashley!!! congrats again!

Make a pregnancy ticker
November 13th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
congrats!
November 14th, 2011, 03:19 PM
karensc82's Avatar Veteran
Congratulations! Seth was born the same day but it was at 7 PM. I'm so glad you are doing well and Colin is a fan of his baby brother!
December 15th, 2011, 06:17 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
aw, he's adorable. congratulations.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search