Anna and Aimee *pics*

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 13th, 2011, 07:34 PM
brwneygirl's Avatar MommyX3
I was scheduled for a c-section on 11/11/11 at 10:45 am. My nurses were hoping to get me in at 11:11am because they all thought it would be really special, however my OB had another surgery and I didn't end up going into the OR until 11:30am. Backtracking a bit, DH and I were waiting in our room for the nurses to take me back and it felt like it took forever and the longer we were waiting the more nervous I was getting. The finally came into the room and told DH to put on his 'space suit' and they would come back for him once I was set up.

I walked back to the OR and they had me sit on the side of the table and bend my back like a cat so the anesthesiologist could put in my spinal. I'd had an epidural with my son and I don't remember it hurting, but maybe it's because I was in so much pain from the contractions that I didn't even notice. This spinal did hurt, but I'm sure my nerves didn't help. They kept telling me not to move and I had this fear that she would miss the spot and I would be paralyzed. Crazy thoughts going through my head. She got it and I was shaking so bad from the nerves. My OB comes in and the nurses tell him that I'm very nervous. He puts his arm around me and says "I'm nervous too" His joking made me feel a little better. The helped me lay on the table and get my legs situated and then the drape was put up. I was having trouble breathing and I threw up. I was given something for my breathing and oxygen in my nose. DH came in then and I felt so much better with him there. I remember the nurses telling me that my OB would stick me with objects and ask if I could feel them to know if I was totally numb. He never asked, but I started feeling tugging and had no idea what was going on. I heard my baby crying and knew one was out. The next baby was breech and they had my DH sit down because they didn't want him seeing her being pulled out. I guess it looks weird when a baby is pulled out feet first. Both babies were taken to the warmers and I was asked if I wanted to stay awake so I could see my babies or given some sedation. I said I wanted to stay awake. I saw them getting all cleaned up and when the OB started putting me back together, I was given some sedation so I wouldn't feel the tugging and pulling. Next thing I know it's 20 minutes later and everyone is out of the room except for a few nurses who were cleaning me up. I must have lost a lot of blood because they kept saying something about it and that at least I didn't get any blood in my hair.

I was wheeled to recovery and the girls were brought in and I was given the chance to nurse them. It was so amazing having two little girls latched at the same time. I don't know how I'm going to do it by myself once I get home. I was in recovery for an hour and then taken to my regular room where I remain for the remainder of my stay. Some blood was drawn and I was told my hemoglobin was low and there was a possibility of a blood transfusion, but as of right now it sounds like I'll just be on Iron pills for at least the next 6 months. The whole birth was wonderful and the c-section not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I'm so happy to finally be able to hold my little girls. Now the fun begins going home and having my 2 year old learn to adjust to his new sisters.

Aimee and Anna(Aimee on the left)

DH and I with Aimee(Anna just had a bath and wasn't warm enough to leave the nursery yet)

November 13th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So beautiful! You're amazing. You've just given birth to twins and have already posted your birth story! You're babies are precious!

Thanks for sharing!
November 13th, 2011, 08:05 PM
jessicab25's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via ICQ to jessicab25
Congrats again!! Their too cute! Can you already tell them apart or are you going to paint one of the girls toe nails?
November 13th, 2011, 08:20 PM
brwneygirl's Avatar MommyX3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmarti07 View Post
So beautiful! You're amazing. You've just given birth to twins and have already posted your birth story! You're babies are precious!

Thanks for sharing!
Thank you. I actually figured it would be easier to write out my birth story now than when I get home and be totally overloaded with everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicab25 View Post
Congrats again!! Their too cute! Can you already tell them apart or are you going to paint one of the girls toe nails?
I'm going to keep their bracelets on for a bit and then will probably paint one of girl's toes. Right now, one of them is a little bigger, but that's the only way I know who is who.

November 13th, 2011, 08:36 PM
MammaHutch
What a beautiful story. You put a smile on my face. Your little girls are just perfect. I am so happy that everything went well and they are healthy.
November 13th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
They are absolutely beautiful! You must be so proud. I'm happy you had an overall good experience. Happy to hear as of now no transfusion is needed. Congrats again!
November 14th, 2011, 04:59 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Congratulations ! The story made me tear up im not sure why, i guess just because everything went so well and your girls are BEAUTIFUL !

A big thank you to Jaidynsmum for another gorgeous siggy!!
November 14th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Super Mommy
I'm glad everything went so well! How wonderful! Congratulations!
November 14th, 2011, 08:17 AM
divinemom30's Avatar Super Mommy
Congratulations!!!!! They are beautiful!

November 14th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Mommy2E&E's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm so glad everything went so well. They are absolutely beautiful!!
November 14th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Veteran
They are absolutely beautiful!!! I'm glad it went so well and congrats!!

November 14th, 2011, 01:28 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
Aww you broke the birth story cherry! I love your little girls double chins, so cute!

November 14th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Julka
Congrats again, they are just beautiful I am glad everything went so well!
November 14th, 2011, 02:45 PM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
So happy everything well, your girls are beautiful!!!

November 14th, 2011, 04:36 PM
mayflower09's Avatar Expecting my first!
Congrats!! They are so beautiful! Glad to hear everything went well!

November 14th, 2011, 06:53 PM
It's a BOY and a GIRL!
They are so beautiful! Congratulations

November 14th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Hoping for baby #2
Congratz momma on your wonderful additions they are absolutely beautiful.

"A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove. But the world may be different because I was important in the life of a boy." -Forest Witcraft
November 15th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!!! They are both so beautiful You look like a VERY proud momma!

Thank you *Julka* for my beautiful siggy
November 15th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Veteran
congratulations. I'm very happy everything went well with you and your beautiful girls.

In the mood for some romance? Hot, sexy romance, check out my debut novel Claimed By Desire available from amazon, barnes and nobel and the itunes ibookstore.
November 16th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Thismamaisonherway's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! They are beautiful!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search