Ravyn Lenor's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 15th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I came into the hospital at 8:00 on Sunday, November 13, 2011. I was 40% thinned out and dilated 1 cm when I got here. They started me on Cytotec which is a pill that is supposed to ripen your cervix. They are allowed to insert 1 pill into your vagina every 4 hours as long as you aren't contracting more than 3 times in 10 minutes. It started contractions and I thought for sure we would be on our way in no time. 2 pills later we still weren't anywhere near true labor and I was contracting every 2 minutes so I couldn't have any more. They decided to give me a shot of Benadryl and something else to take away pain and make me sleep for the night. The other medicine made me itch like crazy and I couldn't sleep at all that night.

The next morning I was dilated to 2 cm and 70% effaced. My midwife decided to start me on Pitocin. I was on Pitocin all day Monday and was doing fine with it until about 5:00. I got checked then and was dilated to 4 cm. I decided to go ahead and get the epidural because I was exhausted from all the pain for 2 days and no sleep. I got the epidural and felt MUCH better. Around 8:00 I aksed to be checked again because even though I felt no pain I had begun to feel the tightness and pressure of my contractions. I was dilated to 5 cm and was 85% effaced. The Dr then said that he thought the next time I called for him it would be baby time. I asked for something to stop the itching of the epidural and they gave me a shot of something that made me feel drunk and I fell asleep.

I woke up around 11:00 to terrible pressure and the feeling that I needed to have a BM. I waited for a while and decided to call my nurse at 11:30. At 11:35 my Dr came to check me. I was 8cm dilated and 100% effaced. I told the Dr that I didn't think it would be a good idea for him to leave the room. He said he was just going down the hall and would be back in a minute. A minute after he left the room my body began pushing by itself. I looked at one of my nurses and said that someone should go and get him because the baby's head was coming. She went to the hallway and just as she did, out popped Ravyn's head. The Dr walked in, put his gloves on and delivered Ravyn standing up at my bed. He didn't have time to take the bed apart or sit down. I pushed 3 times and Ravyn was born at 11:50 PM, November 14th, 2011.

Thank you *Julka* for my beautiful siggy
November 15th, 2011, 06:26 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
great birth story!!!

November 15th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Super Mommy
Congratulations! I'm sure you're exhausted! Get plenty of rest if you can!
November 15th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh wow! Great birth story! You must be exhausted! Congrats and she is precious! Try get some rest when you can.
November 15th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Hoping for baby #2
I hope you can get some much needed rest! Welcome to the world Ravyn!

November 15th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh wow! Great birth story! You must be exhausted! Congrats and she is precious! Try get some rest when you can.
November 15th, 2011, 07:34 PM
jessicab25's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via ICQ to jessicab25
i'm sorry your labor was so long, but i'm glad the end was fast! Congrats again!!
November 16th, 2011, 07:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow! Sounds exhausting but at least the pushing part was short! Thanks for sharing!
November 16th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Thismamaisonherway's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im sorry it took so long, but glad she is here and healthy and Im sure it was worth every second of it. I love love love her name, I think Ive said that 100 times before lol.
November 16th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you had such a long labor! I'm glad she is here now. Don't you wish that Dr would just listen to us since we do know our bodies better than them!!! I'm glad you both are doing well! Get some rest mommy!

November 16th, 2011, 01:09 PM
jojow
Congrats!!! I love fast pushing! My labor with my second was my hardest but thankfully pushing was mercifully fast. I'm so glad everything went well, she's beautiful.
November 17th, 2011, 05:35 AM
Michilee1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats again! So happy for you!

November 17th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wow that sounds like a long exhausting labour. You did fabulously though! and wow that was some quick pushing!!
congrats on your beautiful little girl

November 17th, 2011, 10:54 AM
amrose's Avatar loves her little monkey!
Congrats on your beautiful little girl with a beautiful name!!! Hope you are able to get some rest after that exausting labor.
November 18th, 2011, 05:09 AM
kazarmo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats momma, number 4! This is our #4 too! just my 2nd biological.
Can't wait to see pics.

~~~~~~~~~~~
dd15 born weighing 6 pds 2 ounces, 19 inches. 12-3-96
dsd12
dsd10
dd9 months born weighing 6 pds 5 ounces, 19 1/2 inches. 12-22-2011
Expecting baby #3 ANOTHER GIRL!!!!!!! woot woot

November 18th, 2011, 02:43 PM
mayflower09's Avatar Expecting my first!
Congrats!! I love her name!

November 19th, 2011, 01:24 PM
I love my family!!!
Congrats!! Us mamas know when our bodies mean business, right?!??
November 19th, 2011, 05:03 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
Congrats !!

I am sorry that your labor was so long

November 24th, 2011, 07:30 AM
LookingGlassAlice's Avatar Pagan FTM
congrats, sorry she took so long!
More fundamental than religion is our basic human spirituality. We have a basic human disposition towards love, kindness and affection, irrespective of whether we have a religious framework or not. When we nurture this most basic human resource – when we set about cultivating those basic inner values which we all appreciate in others, then we start to live spiritually. - Dalai Lama

[/url]
November 26th, 2011, 05:56 PM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
CONGRATS again!! Thank you for sharing your birth story

I LOVE your new siggy too!! Ravyn is soooo cuuuute!

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search