Tristan Seth's waterbirth

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Kit Kat's Avatar Photoshop Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to Kit Kat
I went into the hospital November 11th with contractions 4 minutes apart. I was dilated to 3cm and 80% effaced. Baby’s head wasn’t engaged, so I wasn’t dilating any more, and they sent me home after 3 hours.

November 12th, I was all by myself because Nate was working and the kids {and dog} were at my parents’. I got up to go to the bathroom when my water broke! I was so surprised because #1 I never had my water break at home before and #2 my contractions at the time were 7 minutes apart and very tolerable. I called Nate at work and when he was on his way home, I called the hospital. My midwife said to come in soon, but we didn’t have to rush {as long as we didn’t take hours and hours}.

Nate came home, grabbed the few things that we needed that weren’t already in the car, and we were on our way. Once we got to the hospital, I had my IV of penicillin started, as well as had the monitors hooked up to me. They needed to monitor Baby’s heart rate for awhile because it kept dropping.

After all that, I got into the waterbirth tub. Relief! I felt so much better with the warm water over me. The contractions were pretty painful by that point and after a little while, I needed to get out so the nurse could do a quick ultrasound and make sure Baby’s head was down {they kept getting the heart beat very high up}. It was!

I got back into the tub, and the contractions just kept coming. I told my midwife that I was feeling lots of pressure and sure enough, I was 100% effaced! I was dilated to 5cm at that point, but it didn’t take long to get to 10. I pushed for 10 minutes, and Tristan Seth was born at 2:30pm! He had the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck THREE times, but luckily the midwife and nurse could get it off with no problems. That is probably why his heart rate kept dropping.

I had him completely natural, in the waterbirth tub, just like I wanted. He is 7 lb 9 oz and 21.5 inches long. He is so absolutely perfect!

November 17th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!
November 18th, 2011, 04:56 AM
MiniMom's Avatar Head Lady Bird
congrats!!

December 15th, 2011, 05:36 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congrats! great job! i envy you though, my insurance will only pay for a hospital birth.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search