Anderson jack's arrival!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 19th, 2011, 12:16 PM
nartist's Avatar baby2
So i went to bed sat night (the 12th) like any normal night. i did have chinese food that night and had a bit of a gut ache, but thats typical after greasy food. Anyway, i woke up sunday morning to the alarm at 6:30 due to my dh forgetting to turn it off the night before being a weekend. \the weird thing is i had my first contraction to the alarm waking me up. it was almost like a sign, telling me today is the day and i better get my butt in gear early. So i got up went pee and expected to see a bloody show or plug or some kinda sign but nothing except another contraction. I knew it was real cause it hurt way more then the usual bh id been having. i decided to have a bath to see if it would go away which it didnt infact it got worse. thats when dh got up and sked if i was ok knowing something was up. i told him today is the day and he said i knew it!! I decided to wake dd up and get her ready just incase. it was about 8 am and i felt it was close. i kept having contractions stronger and closer together. i was trying to hide it while helping dd get dressed etc. she didnt have a clue even when i told her to put her big sister shirt on! at about 9:30 my dh called the mw and told her what was happening. she said to call back when the contractions were closer together which 10 mins. later they were and i did. dh said we should wait at home a bit longer and i angrily said no we are going now!! Off we went to the hospital and arrived there at 10:17. i was the only one there and got my choice of private rooms. i chose a corner with a view. the room was huge and brand new(only maybe a dozen baby's born in it)! i got changed and contractions got really bad. the mw came checked me and said i was 7 cm. i asked about getting my water broken and an epidural. My mw said we would wait to see if my water would break on its own which 30 seconds after saying that it did! my mom arrived right after and took dd out of the room as i was in too much pain for her to see me in. the nurse who i loved was going to check on the anasthetist. my mw checked me again and i was 10 cm i had gone from 7 to 10 in 20 mins. i had to push and forgot all about the epidural! baby came at 11:28 with very little pushing on my part. it was like he did it all on his own. i felt like i was in another world, almost a high. the pain was unbelievable but not at the same time. when baby came out he wasnt crying so the mw had to cut the cord and take him to make sure he was okay. he had his arm wrapped around the front of his neck so his hand was on the back of his head which meant he came out with an elbow infront of his face. i got to holding him a few minutes after once they got him crying(he was just stunned from coming out so quick) i ended up having a whopping 3 stiches from his elbow and felt like a million bucks right after. he is the most goergous little man ive ever seen and he is perfect. im so happy i had him in an hour from getting to hospital to delivery. it was a wonderful drug free experience which im soo proud of. He weighed 8lbs4oz.and was 19.5 long. he has very dark hair which was a shock cause dd had golden hair and we are waiting to see what color his eyes are. right now dark blue. he sleeps great and eats well. all around i couldnt be happier. DD is gonna need some extra attention but has been so helpful and my dog is soooo jealous! things will all work out in time. i will post pics soon i just need to figure out how again! its been awhile since doing it. Thanks ladies for going through this process with me it has been so helpful to have you all as support and just knowing im not alone is so nice. i look forward to our playroom chats!

Thanks KILIKI for my siggy!
November 19th, 2011, 01:05 PM
babyB No.1's Avatar Super Mommy
Thank you for sharing your story and congratulations on such a wonderful (drug-free) birth =).

November 19th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Cool!! Congratulations!!! Pictures???

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

November 25th, 2011, 08:50 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Congrats on your awesome birth experience! You did awesome, and it was quick!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
December 15th, 2011, 06:01 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations; he's very cute!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

April 22nd, 2012, 11:04 AM
aww congrats!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search