Olivia Mackenzie's arrival into the world!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 22nd, 2011, 09:06 AM
Olivia&DelilahsMommy's Avatar Married to my soulmate :)
I had a repeat c-section scheduled for Nov 2nd. I had to be at the hospital at 5am, and the surgery was scheduled for 7am. DH and I could barely sleep, I wasn't nervous or anxious at first, I was very relaxed, surprisingly.
We got to the hospital and got checked in and immediately they had me change into a gown and started to get an IV going, which is always hard to do since my veins are so deep. They finally ended up getting it in after a few tries. The anesthesiologist came in to get a little bit of a background on me for the surgery, I had to tell her about the bad experience I had with my first c-section and the 14 shots I had in my spine as well as trouble with the spinal going in. They said they would take good care of me and try to not let that happen. My scoliosis (crooked spine) is what prevents the spinal from being so easy to insert.
Finally it was 7am and as soon as I saw that on the clock I started to have an anxiety attack, I was trying my best to control it, but I just couldn't. The tears were just pouring out, which made my husband kinda freak out too. They made me calm down by talking to me before I walked back to the OR. As soon as I walked in the OR the anxiety attack hit me full force, I was bawling hysterically, couldn't breathe, etc. They were all talking to me to get me calmed down before they could even start the spinal because I was shaking so bad, my heart rate was up, as well as my blood pressure. I finally sat down on the operating table after they got me calmed down again and was leaning over on my nurse so they could get the spinal in. They did some numbing shots which didn't hurt too bad, but then the anesthesiologist started digging his knuckles in my spine to try to find where the spinal should go, and within 5 minutes he had it in on the 2nd try. I couldn't even begin to tell you how relieved I was. My legs started going tingly and warm right away and they helped me lay down.
My dr came in, they put the sheet up and started cutting, and my husband came in. Not even two minutes later we heard Olivia screaming crying, she was NOT happy about being out in the cold. They immediately showed her to me and she was absolutely beautiful. My husband went over to take pictures while they were weighing and measuring her.
Olivia Mackenzie was born on November 2nd, at 7:45am, weighing 7lbs 3oz and was 20.5 inches long. Her apgar scores were 9 and 10. Everyone was saying what a beautiful baby she was.
They finished getting me all stitched up and I started getting really nauseous so they gave me something for that and it went away immediately. Thankfully, as per my request they didn't have my arms strapped down during the c-section either, my face was itchy and my oxygen mask was driving me nuts...I could only imagine how it would have been if I didn't have my hands to help me out lol They had to give me medication for the itchiness I had from the pain medication.
Finally I was wheeled off to recovery for an hour and they brought Olivia to me so I could start to nurse her and have skin to skin contact. Then we were brought into our room and Delilah got to meet her little sister. I was so happy that the c-section went so well and it was over with. The first one I had was just awful and brought up so much stress and anxiety, hopefully next time those fears will be pushed aside. In the end, it was all worth it and now we have two beautiful little girls.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!!
November 24th, 2011, 08:11 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Congratulations! I'm glad it was such a better experience this time!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
December 15th, 2011, 05:58 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations. she's precious!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search