Wyatt's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 26th, 2011, 04:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My husband and I were supposed to come into L&D at 7pm on Thanksgiving. We ended up getting a phone call pushing it back to 10pm so by the time http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/wat...knee/DS00662we got there I was pretty tired.

Things started out like the should I got put in bed and started answering all the routine questions but while doing so Wyatt's heart rate started to go lower that they liked so we did not insert the cervidel until 11:45pm. I took an ambien and sent the hubby home.

The next morning the dr arrived around 10am and I had gone from 2cm the night before to 3cm. I was ecstatic when she said instead of the pit she was gonna try and break my water...unfortunately the baby was still high and she could not get it to break. From her exam and trying to break my water I started having contractions so as soon as they turned the put on around 20min later it began working and they were quite strong.

I knew there was a good chance I could go fast again so I knew no matter what I did not want an epidural and I wanted to do it on my own. My nurse was great! And really helped me through as did DH.

It was a little while later I realized I was feeling every single contraction in my back and more persise my tail bone and I'm not going to lie it HURT! the nurse got the lavender and began giving me a hang massage and it was great. I was able to relax and focus on the smell and her touch. But only 15 minutes after she finished I had, had it...it was time to get out of bed! That was around 11:30am.

The best position inbound was raising the bed all the way and leaning on it. When the contractions came I was able to rock through them it felt amazing! However they could not pick Wyatt up on the monitor at all so for a while i was going from straight to bending over poor DH while he sat on a stool. And my hands and knees. By 12:15 I knew something was going on and immediately told the nurse I'm starting to feel pressure I think you should check me.

I will say I was a tad irritated because the first thing she said to me was I just checked you 45min ago and you were only at 4. Thankfully DH was there because i was getting tired and ready to keep quiet but he told her he could tell by my face I was feeling something. She layed me down and sure enough I was at a 7. She quick called the dr who was on her way.

Now I had to stay in the bed because she was afraid of him coming with out a dr. I had to begin vocalizing at this point to get through the contractions. Up until now I was so proud of myself. No noise just quiet calm and deep breathing. Now inaas using a low moan/hum to get me through but with each contraction i was fighting the urge to push.

The dr got there at 12:45 and broke my water taking me from 9-10 and I began to push. She could see right away my bladder was full and his head was not going to fit so she put in a cath and the next thing I know there is his head. I also let out a scream because I tore in a very not nice place....my clitoris (sorry TMI) it was small but it HURT!

At 12:54 Wyatt was here and placed directly onto my chest. The first time that's ever happens my other two were rushed away. It was amazing! DH cut the cord also a first! Everything was done right there on my chest. And then he latched right on and began BFing like a champ! I was in heaven!!!

Then DH took him while they cleaned me up and got me ready. We went into our room as a family and he was not taken for aseament until a few hours later and was only gone for a few minutes. By 3:00 my boys came to meet their new brother and it was amazing except I was not feeling so hot.

TMI:
I had begun to pass clots the size of fists. I was exhausted and could not get warm. More than usual for after birth. It turns out I had tore more than she thought and it was in her words a pumper. EVERYTIME my heart pumped blood came flowing out and a lot of it. By this point the boys had left and right there on my bed she started stitching and I'm not gonna lie it hurt.

Not an hour later i felt like a new person. I'm so proud ingot to birth the way unwanted and it was a great experience!

Sorry for link that was an accident
November 26th, 2011, 08:10 AM
ShelleyB80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! Sorry you had to go through that. I can't imagine tearing in THAT place! Glad Wyatt is healthy and you pulled through it.
November 26th, 2011, 12:31 PM
jojow
I'm so glad it was such a good birth for you, and so glad he was able to be with you after birth. Congrats! And sorry about the tear, that sounds awful!
November 26th, 2011, 03:17 PM
I love my family!!!
Wow!! What a story!!! Good job mama!!
November 26th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad you got the birth you wanted! Hope you heal quickly! THanks for sharing your story.
November 26th, 2011, 07:04 PM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
CONGRATS!! Thank you for sharing your birth story

I'm really happy that you got the birth you wanted. Your tear sounds PAINFUL! Hopefully that won't take long to heal

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

November 27th, 2011, 12:40 AM
MammaHutch
Sorry about that tear! But thank you for sharing your great birth story with us!
November 27th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Great birth story. Ouch! The test sounds horrible! Congrats to u!
November 27th, 2011, 04:53 PM
kristen121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on you little man!

November 28th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad you got the birth you wanted!

November 29th, 2011, 07:50 AM
kazarmo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love to hear birith stories going the way the mom wants. Except for the tear it sounds like everything was perfect. Congrats

~~~~~~~~~~~
dd15 born weighing 6 pds 2 ounces, 19 inches. 12-3-96
dsd12
dsd10
dd9 months born weighing 6 pds 5 ounces, 19 1/2 inches. 12-22-2011
Expecting baby #3 ANOTHER GIRL!!!!!!! woot woot

December 1st, 2011, 01:04 PM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
Congrats!! I'm sorry about the tear but happy to hear everything else went well!

December 1st, 2011, 05:55 PM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on the new addition. Sorry about the tear!

December 14th, 2011, 08:58 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congrats! welcome to the world, baby wyatt!!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search