The Arrival of Deanna Madeline...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It was the day of induction, I had to arrive at the hospital by 7:15. When we arrived they put me in my birthing suite and introduced me to the 2 nurses that would be assisting me that day. They began hooking me up to monitors and checking my vitals and doing all my intake info after about 20 min and 500 questions the nurse looks at my contraction chart and asks me how long I have been contracting at 2-5 min long :O I knew I was having contractions but I wasn't feeling them all. The dr arrived around 8:30 and checked me I was 4 cm but not really effacing so they went ahead and broke my water and started me on a light dose of pitocin which would be upped every 30 min. I lasted until about 10:30 when I needed something for pain, not being checked since the initial exam I opted for a pain med through iv and was given Nubane which took off a lot of the edge at first. Still though having alot of pain I requested an internal at 12:00 and the nurse and I decided it was a great time for my epidural since baby was dropping. At 12:40 another internal was done because the contractions were really strong and super close, I was 5cm and 90% effaced. They predicted I would deliver around 5-6 o'clock, Deanna had other plans though. around 2:30 I started feeling pressure but not like what they were saying to watch for so I put it off, around 3:00 I finally spoke up because I felt urge to pushand when checked the nurse said the head was right there and ready to come NOW. She called the dr and he said to try to keep me from pushing for 3 min for him to get to the hospital. It seemed like forever, but he arrived and with 9 pushes in 3 contractions I delivered our bundle, DF announced the gender and Deanna was placed on my belly to be cleaned. She weighed in at 6 pounds 14 ounces and measured 20 inches long.

Although there were so many worries about the induction and fears of repeat complications from my first birth, this was the complete opposite of induction I couldn't have asked for a better birth, almost makes me wonder if I could want to do it one more time
November 27th, 2011, 09:33 AM
karensc82's Avatar Veteran
Congratulations! I'm so glad it went well for you! I love her name. Its beautiful!
November 27th, 2011, 04:40 PM
babyB No.1's Avatar Super Mommy
Congrats on your little girl! Good to hear this was a better and very positive experience for you. Glad everyone is doing well =).

December 3rd, 2011, 12:55 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Congratulations! I'm glad it was quick and problem-free!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
January 6th, 2012, 07:23 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations! i'm glad you had such a good labour.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search