Hadley Annabelle's Hypnobabies birth

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2011, 08:43 PM
kristen121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
On Monday, November 28 I had my 39 week check-up. I had had that date in the back of my mind as the birth day for the past few weeks, but wasn’t feeling any different that morning, so tried not to get my hopes up. At my appt, I was dilated 4 cm 75% effaced. I had made some progress since last week, but again reminded myself that I could walk around 4 cm dilated for weeks and that it didn’t necessarily mean baby was coming that day. The doctor stripped my membranes so I hoped that maybe that would help get things going.

After my appt, I needed to pick up a few things at Target. I walked around Target for about an hour, hoping that walking coupled with the membrane stripping would move things along. I had a mild backache and a few contractions throughout the day, but nothing too intense or frequent enough to time.

After lunch, I felt like maybe I should lie down and try to get some rest. I had a feeling that the baby would be coming within the next day or two. I laid down and listened to my Hyponobabies Birthing Day Affirmations. I continued to have a few contractions here and there, but nothing major.

By 10pm, I was feeling like my contractions were getting a little more frequent and I still had a backache. I decided to relax in a warm bath and see if that helped my back feel better. I couldn’t really get comfortable in the bath. I felt hot and uncomfortable and was starting to get more regular contractions, but they weren’t painful, just felt a tightening in my abdomen. I was starting to think that maybe this was it. I had a snack and then I went upstairs and laid in bed and put on my Easy First Stage Birthing Day Hypnobabies track. Since I had such a long labor with Emma, I figured it would be a good 8-10 hours before we needed to go to the hospital and I should try to rest now while I could. After about half an hour, I was feeling uncomfortable lying down so I got up and went downstairs and paced around the living room and folded some laundry in between contractions.

By 1 am, I was feeling quite uncomfortable during contractions and they were coming every 2-3 minutes. I was trying to use my Hyponobabies techniques but I couldn’t relax. I just did my best to remind myself that each contraction would be over soon and brought me one step closer to meeting my baby. At 1:15, I woke Derek up and told him I thought we should maybe think about heading to the hospital soon. He called the hospital and told them we were on our way and also called my parents to let them know we would be dropping Emma off. He got the bags in the car and Emma ready to go. I was too busy concentrating on getting through each contraction to be of any help. I was thinking “Screw this Hypnobabies crap, I’m getting an epidural as soon as I get to the hospital.” Emma told me “It’s okay, Mommy, don’t be hurt.” Derek explained to her that sometimes it hurts a little bit when babies are coming out but it is over after a little bit and she said “Then put the baby back in!” Naturally, Derek needed to put gas in the car, so we had to stop at the gas station! Then we dropped off Emma and headed to the hospital. On the way, I was feeling like I wanted to push. When we got to the hospital, I had a strong contraction while walking to the door and could feel myself involuntarily bearing down. I knew I couldn’t walk all the way to L&D, so Derek pushed me in a wheelchair.

I got to my room and started to get undressed. I was halfway undressed and had another really strong contraction and got on my hands and knees on the bed. The nurse came in and I told her I felt like I needed to push. She said “I figured when I saw you on your hands and knees like that. I finished getting undressed and she checked me. About 5 more nurses came flying into the room and started getting everything set up. She checked me and told me I was complete and ready to push. I couldn’t believe it. I was sure that I would get there and they would tell me I was only 6 or 7 cm. I had another contraction and my water broke. Another nurse was telling me to blow and not to push since my doctor wasn’t there yet, but I said “I can’t help it! She’s coming out right now!”
Next contraction I felt the “ring of fire” and I yelled out “Oh my god! That hurts like hell!” Next thing I knew they were handing me the baby. I was completely shocked. I couldn’t believe she was out already. I got to L&D at 2:21 and she was born at 2:30 am November 29, 2011. I was able get her to latch on and nurse a bit right away. My doctor arrived a few minutes after Hadley was born and delivered the placenta and stitched me up. I got a 2nd degree tear, probably from pushing her out so fast. After they got her weighted and measured (6 lbs 9 oz, 19 ¾” long), they gave her back to me and she nursed for another 45 minutes.

I still can’t believe how fast everything happened. Even though my Hypnobabies birth wasn’t painless, I felt like I could manage. I didn’t have the calm, peaceful, painless birth I imagined, but I am pleased with how it all worked out.

Last edited by kristen121; November 30th, 2011 at 08:45 PM.
December 1st, 2011, 04:57 AM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
I love your birth story, congrats you did amazing!!!

December 1st, 2011, 09:34 AM
Thismamaisonherway's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great birth story. Thanks for sharing.
December 1st, 2011, 10:37 AM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
great story!! sounds like you did awesome!

December 1st, 2011, 12:09 PM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Love My Boys ♥
Congrats!!! And wow i can't believe how quick it all happened once you arrived at the hospital! Great story, thanks for sharing!!

December 1st, 2011, 12:51 PM
Julka
Congrats! I seriously can't believe how fast you delivered her after getting to L&D. Imagine if you left home 10 minutes later?? Crazy! But glad you got there in time and she & you are both doing well.
December 1st, 2011, 05:06 PM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thats amazing, completely agreeing with Julia!!! Thanks for sharing and Congrats!!!!!!!

December 1st, 2011, 05:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Awesome story! Congratulations!
December 1st, 2011, 07:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, awesome story! Congrats!

Expecting Baby #3, due September 9, 2014!

December 1st, 2011, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julka View Post
Congrats! I seriously can't believe how fast you delivered her after getting to L&D. Imagine if you left home 10 minutes later?? Crazy! But glad you got there in time and she & you are both doing well.
I know! I wasn't really in that big of a hurry, I thought it would still be a few hours before she was born. DH must have kind of sensed it was getting close and was the one rushing me out the door.

December 3rd, 2011, 06:18 AM
AprilJanellieBellie's Avatar Keepin Busy
Great story. Since our children our birthday buddies already, I'm kind of sad that these babies didn't arrive on the same day, but you were due a lot earlier than me. Lol. You have an amazing story. Glad everything went so well & you didn't have baby at the gas station. Silly DH. I'm going to pack my bag & fill the van with gas today because I'm getting nervous.
December 3rd, 2011, 06:07 PM
I love my family!!!
Great job mama!!! You did wonderfully!!
December 3rd, 2011, 11:03 PM
Fiddlist's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great story! Wow, I'm jealous it went so fast for you!! That is awesome!

December 6th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
what a great story! I cannot believe how fast the baby came after you got to L&D

December 9th, 2011, 12:10 PM
mcfly's Avatar Lil' Old Lady In Training
*lurking from the January DDC* This is such a great story! I've read it like 4 times already because it is so inspiring to hear about fast, easy natural births. I really hope mine goes half as well as yours.

December 9th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
*lurking from the January DDC* This is such a great story! I've read it like 4 times already because it is so inspiring to hear about fast, easy natural births. I really hope mine goes half as well as yours.
Glad you found it helpful. Hope your birth goes well!

December 10th, 2011, 07:41 AM
LookingGlassAlice's Avatar Pagan FTM
Wow momma. She flew out when you got there! Congrats!
More fundamental than religion is our basic human spirituality. We have a basic human disposition towards love, kindness and affection, irrespective of whether we have a religious framework or not. When we nurture this most basic human resource – when we set about cultivating those basic inner values which we all appreciate in others, then we start to live spiritually. - Dalai Lama

[/url]
December 10th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
"Then put the baby back in!" -This made me laugh out loud! What an amazing birth story. Thank you so much for sharing!

January 10th, 2012, 11:11 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations! glad to hear you had a quicker labour this time.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search